We are seeking a strong Senior Technical Solutions Architect to join the newly forming Run Optimization Team. The ideal team member would be passionate in their approach to driving improvement changes across the organization. We are looking for a person that exhibits relentless enthusiasm and intense passion towards saving money while having fun!
Run Optimization is a strategic part of the Tech Modernization program and will be leveraged to drive efficiency and automation into the IT environment. The Senior Technical Solutions Architect will assist a new team with forming and norming, research run optimization ideas, create plans and business cases, influence leaders across the company to get ideas prioritized, assist with creating a strategy for the team/division/company related to run and cost optimization efforts. The below description will be focused in automation and optimizing run work and costs in IT.
The Senior Tech Solution Architect leads development of enterprise level applications and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features. Uses a variety of platforms and technologies to provide business solutions to customers. The role is typically engaged as the highest-level technology expert on a project team. Operates at an Expert Level.
- The Senior Tech Solution Architect leads development of enterprise level applications and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features. Uses a variety of platforms and technologies to provide business solutions to customers. Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications and systems for assigned projects and customers.
- Individuals in this position provide expertise regarding the integration of applications and systems for assigned projects and customers. Determines system requirements and specifications. Plans, designs, and develops highly complex, business critical software and integration solutions. Uses appropriate software engineering processes. Works well individually or as part of a team. Assists in solving highly complex support problems, works with application and product vendors as needed, and escalates resolution when appropriate. Participates in product evaluations and provides input to contract negotiations.
- Evaluates vendor supplied system software packages and makes recommendations to IT management. Viewed as a technical authority across multiple products or systems. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Provides a customer perspective and input into IT decisions and translates highly complex concepts for peers and customers. Acts as an internal consultant, mentor and a change agent across the I/S Operation for assigned projects or customers.
- Individuals in this position provide project level leadership by coordinating and managing the technical aspects of projects. Identifies and manages technical dependencies between projects by working closely with project management.
- This position has significant impact on corporate finances and with customers. Ten or more years equivalent education and related experience preferred.
- Develops integration and development standards and guidelines, and component architectures. Has a general knowledge and understanding of state-of-the-art programming languages, and in-depth knowledge of application and system integration products, techniques and application infrastructure components. Understands and can leverage object-oriented approaches for designing, developing, testing, and debugging application and system integration solutions. Understands and consistently applies the attributes and processes of current and emerging application development and system integration methodologies. Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and possible application to the business. Recommends solutions that utilize emerging technologies, and is responsible for building consensus, selling the solution, and leading the implementation of the solution.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Influence through telling compelling stories, verbal and written formats, to stakeholders across the enterprise
- Create vision and solutions while being comfortable with ambiguity and helping to define problems
- Listen and share ideas from others and help prioritize solutions that will directly impact our customers as well as the companys bottom line
- Be a high performer that works well on a small cohesive team and can operate independently as Ideal Team Players (they are hungry, humble, and smart)
- Partners with business and IT representatives in requirements gathering and reviews.
- Responsible for analyzing and translating business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Works with enterprise architecture, application and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project.
- Analyzes technical requirements; identifies and evaluates alternatives for technology and integration across applications and system. Develops enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms.
- Proposes changes in process, policy and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles.
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems.
- Viewed as a technical expert and critical resource cross multiple disciplines.
- Leads analysis and design efforts in support of technology integration.
- Investigates, implements, and transitions new design processes.
- Develops and pilots new architectures to support application requirements leveraging reusable components. Reviews new applications for conformance to existing architectures. Understands and articulates technology strategies and objectives.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Technically bent - focused on our future and figuring out how we can get there.
- Experience working with systems, processes, tools across the enterprise.
- A passion for collecting facts driven through solid data and analysis.
- Able to build solid business cases showing tangible benefits.
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse groups through complex issues.
- Proven ability to implement and drive change through close collaboration / partnership with areas throughout Mutual of Omaha (I/S and Business).
- A passion for driving improvement and efficiencies for our customers.
- Leadership and Authority - Articulate and advocate new technical and non-technical ideas. Use leadership rather than authority to accomplish results. Assumes a role of authority as necessary. Sets an example for coworkers. Delegate authority and empower others to make decisions.
- Communication - Communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Able to communicate technical issues and problems to vendors. Communicate with business and I/S customers. Effectively uses appropriate verbal and written communication.
- Coaching and Mentoring - Coach and mentor peers and others. Helps co-workers stay focused on overall goal. Leads by example and encourages others to excel. Serves as a positive role model.
- Planning and Perspective - Formulate and articulate technical vision. Anticipate and prepare for emerging systems and technology needs. Uses goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions. Understands multiple systems or technologies. Understand interaction with other systems.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.