Principal Enterprise Architect - IS Enterprise Team - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha is HIRING and WE are interested in talking to YOU! Join forces with a company that can amplify your strengths and empower your career. Apply Now!
The Principle Enterprise Architect is responsible for the identification, analysis and translation of enterprise business drivers into business, information and technical architecture requirements while providing a customer perspective and input into IT decisions. Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of an enterprise's architecture to effectively support the corporate business strategy. Consistently Operates at Expert Level.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Leads development and documentation of architecture design and strategic plans. Leads the development of implementation plans for the enterprise architecture, including organizational resource requirements, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the enterprise architecture. Oversees enterprise architecture implementation and ongoing refinement to detect gaps and to recommend solutions.
- Leads development efforts or develops complex tactical plans and / or technical strategies and oversees the execution of complex tactical plans and technical strategies
- Consults during the planning, development and implementation of highly complex and / or business critical software and integration solutions (includes applications and custom integration solutions, new technology, major enhancements, interfaces / integration, functions, and features for assigned projects and customers).
- Facilitates the creation of governing principles, standards and guidelines to guide information, technology and solution decision making for the enterprise. Oversees governance structure and compliance activities associated with enterprise architecture.
- Acts as an internal consultant, mentor and change agent across the enterprise. Develops communication plans and promotes enterprise architecture process and results to all levels within the organization. Assesses and communicates the achievement and impact of the enterprise architecture.
- Analyzes and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies, application methodologies and frameworks, system integration methodologies, industry and market trends and determines their potential impact on the business.
- Provides program / portfolio level leadership, guidance, and direction by coordinating, monitoring, and managing the technical aspects of programs / portfolios, including project identification, definition, priority, hardware/software budget, and work forecasts. Identifies and manages organizational and technical dependencies between projects and programs / portfolios, working closely with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrates Mutual of Omaha's Leadership Objectives: Business, Talent & Visionary Leadership
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Ability to envision and run workshops, white boarding sessions and architecture reviews to align key stakeholders on architecture recommendations
- Must have significant business knowledge and have one or more areas of technical expertise in which they concentrate
- Must interface across several business areas, acting as visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction for future projects
- Leadership and Authority - Articulate and advocate new technical and non-technical ideas. Provide leadership and authority as necessary to accomplish results. Sets and example for coworkers. Delegate authority and empower others to make decisions.
- Communication - Communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Communicate technical issues and problems to vendors. Communicate with business and I/S customers. Effectively uses appropriate verbal and written communication.
- Coaching and Mentoring - Coach, mentor and cross-train others. Helps co-workers stay focused on overall goal. Leads by example and encourages others to excel. Serves as a positive role model.
- Planning and Perspective - Formulate and articulate technical vision. Anticipate and prepare for emerging systems and technology needs. Uses goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions. Understands multiple systems or technologies.
- Understand interaction with other systems.
- Broad knowledge of insurance and financial services products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Experience in both Enterprise and Solution Architecture
- Experience building and extending an Enterprise and/or Solution Architecture practice
- Experience working in the Business Architecture Domain
- Experience working across architecture domains
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A Diverse workplace where associate feel a sense of belonging
- A company that feels like a small, close-knit community, with the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
- Dont live in Omaha? No problem! We offer an attractive relocation package
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.