|Applies specialized knowledge and professional judgment to create, develop implement and maintain a comprehensive enterprise-wide business continuity program consistent with regulatory requirements and industry standards that enables Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates to survive unplanned business interruptions/disasters. Leads complex business continuity activities, processes and/or projects designed to enhance the program and systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- This job posting is reflective of the Business Continuity Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Business Continuity Analyst and Sr Business Continuity levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Enhances functionality of the enterprise's business continuity program by working with business function leaders to formulate unique/application-specific business continuity planning solutions to ensure incident recoverability. Includes planning and testing with demonstrable recoverability outcome. Analyzes business needs and interpret regulations to create solutions that meet business needs and satisfy regulators. Maintains custodial responsibilities for the organization's continuity plans.
- Understands corporate risk tolerance(s) and develops a corresponding business impact analysis tool. Identifies critical business functions and processes across the enterprise and coaches management to identify and prioritize unacceptable risks. Utilizes business impact analysis (BIA) outcomes as basis for planning processes.
- Leads process improvement initiatives associated with the business continuity program, utilizing various methodologies and techniques to improve quality, efficiency and the effectiveness of the program. Facilitates continuous process Improvement events looking for gaps, gathering and analyzing metrics throughout the process, determining success factors, identifying solutions, assisting with implementing value added processes.
- Leads and facilitates identification, development, and evaluation of alternatives to meet business requirements. Conveys the objectives to be achieved for technical projects of a complex or enterprise nature that require a higher level of abstract and creative solutions. Coordinates, plans and may conduct on-going maintenance, enhancements, and upgrades to existing business tools. Performs business impact analysis and research. May employ project management tools. Acts as a resource, provides training and guidance to others. May delegate tasks to others (as appropriate) on projects with varying levels of complexity.
- Assists and supports continuity plan owners' awareness and recovery training programs development for end users. Ensures training requirements are completed annually. Advocates and leads change and assists with the development of overall goals, updates, and how to maintain plans.
- Participates in the development and enhancements made to the business continuity strategy. Leads and facilitates the implementation of the strategy, plan and program activities. May provide back-up support for management as needed.
- Reviews, analyzes, tests, and recommends new software applications and equipment. Develops and provides oversight to strategic test plans and may conduct quality reviews. Oversees vendor relations. Develops and administers project documentation, recommendations, and implementation procedures. Communicates project outcomes in a clear, effective, and timely manner to various business areas and/or leaders.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Senior level Sponsors within the various business units. Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the financial services industry, and the business environment. Researches, analyzes, and evaluates new and emerging trends in business continuity.
- Guides multiple business units' crisis management leaders on how to prepare for and respond to disasters in a preplanned, structured approach. Ensures that the facilities used for these purposes are current and equipped properly.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive business continuity policies and standards based on regulatory guidelines and industry standards.
- Expands Mutual of Omaha's presence in the local business recovery community through leadership roles in local recovery committees and organizations.
- Ensures compliance with external business continuity regulations.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in business continuity planning and program implementation.
- Demonstrated high level of leadership and relationship skills; ability to interact and maintain professional business relationships with internal and external business partner (ie., auditors, management and staff)
- Considerable knowledge and experience in project management and continuous process improvement tools and methodologies to include change management practices.
- Ability to differentiate critical verses non-critical elements in the planning process that will make the difference in whether or not the work product ultimately enables the business to survive rather than fail.
- Provide professional council to guide management through the decisions that will result in an enterprise wide planning culture to avert unacceptable consequences in a disaster situation.
- Demonstrated ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, facilitation and presentation skills. Proficient in elicitation techniques and managing requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and decision-making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to deliver feedback/criticism in a constructive manner. Ability to influence/inspire others.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- BA/BS degree in a business or communications related field is preferred
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) and/or Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP) is preferred.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha is a provider of insurance and financial products and services with millions of customers nationally. Our stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path. Youll do meaningful work and your talents will positively impact peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is unique, creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to be engaged… feel a sense of belonging… and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.