Senior Procurement Specialist - Omaha, NE
Responsible to the organization for tactical purchase of goods and services using the Source to Pay (S2P) process which includes the Oracle PeopleSoft system. Interact with all key stakeholders to support the S2P process from sourcing and contracting to requisition to purchase to receipt to payment. Resolve exceptions and supply issues. Be Subject Matter Expert (SME) in S2P purchasing processes, techniques and practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Purchase goods and services from approved suppliers using the S2P process. Make certain requisitions comply with Enterprise approval processes (i.e., capital equipment purchase, etc.).
- Assure S2P data accuracy (i.e., vendor master, material master, contract number, purchase cost, etc.).
- Manage the day to day relationship with, and tactical execution of, assigned suppliers. Identify and mitigate supply risks.
- Actively engage with suppliers regarding purchase order planning and tactical execution. Coordinate, facilitate, organize supplier meetings and communications to address near-term issues and concerns. Participate in Business Reviews with key and essential suppliers.
- Monitor and help manage supplier quality performance. Address issues as needed to assure supply of products and services. Inform business stakeholders when supply may be at risk.
- Coordinate and support as needed supplier improvement projects and/or supplier transitions. Participate on cross-functional teams (and lead when required) to address and resolve supply issues. Projects could include sourcing events (i.e., Request for Quote) and other activities to assure supply and make certain purchase costs are competitive.
- Collaborate with requestors and stakeholders for their purchasing needs and partners with Enterprise Procurement on supply issues and sourcing events.
- Provide guidance, support, and coaching to others to share knowledge and develop better technical and professional understanding within the discipline.
- Ensures accepted practices and controls are followed to assure purchasing process is in compliance
- Direct the return to vendor, reuse, release and/or resale of inventory product no longer needed by the Enterprise.
- Develop professional knowledge and expertise by joining professional organizations (i.e., ISM), by pursuing professional certifications (i.e., ISM CPSM), and/or by participating in continued education, webinars, seminars, etc.
- May also assist, support or lead strategic sourcing events in collaboration with Enterprise Procurement management, stakeholders, and business partners to: conduct internal & external research, perform spend data analytics, set & maintain category strategies, assemble & perform RFx's, prepare & present analysis, perform negotiations, complete contracting, and achieve supplier performance/relationship/risk management in procurement of goods and services for the organization.
- May also and support procurement policy management, process improvements, reporting, and training & education efforts contributing to an effective and efficient procurement organization.
- A minimum of 3 years experience.
- Experience with planning, negotiation, and purchasing skills.
- Proven understanding of Corporate Purchasing philosophy and buying techniques.
- Excellent human relations, oral and written communication, decision making, and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and research ability to include sound business knowledge.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision, working under project pressures.
- Seasoned experience in participating on (and directing when requested) project work groups including suppliers, customers and other resources.
- Thorough knowledge of the S2P system; computer skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Oracle PeopleSoft Experience
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes