Systems Engineer - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha is looking for talented, highly motivated engineers for our Systems Engineering Team. This position is new and exciting as it will support enterprise wide work for a modernization effort. The virtual desktop systems engineer works with the Desktop Engineering Team and its customers to ensure the infrastructure systems are reliable, robust and can meet the challenges the business demands.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work collaboratively within the Desktop Engineering Team and its customers to maintain the virtual and physical desktop environments.
- Deliver optimal virtual desktop experience utilizing cloud services and on-premise hardware and software platforms.
- Identify the need for software upgrades and patches, as appropriate.
- Develops and modifies technical documentation to support operations and training.
- Perform system audits; Monitor capacity.
- Provide off-hours support for Desktop related issues as required.
- Plan and position Desktop Infrastructure for business continuity readiness and participate in disaster recovery exercises.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as Infrastructure/Desktop Systems Engineer.
- Strong knowledge of virtual technologies across such as Vmware VSphere/ESXi, PowerShell / PowerCLI, Cisco UCS or other Hardware Platform, Citrix XenDesktop or VMware View.
- Working knowledge of Networking Technology, Storage Platforms, Windows 10, Hyperconverged Infrastructure.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as VROPS, ESXTop, Process Explorer, Windows Performance Analyzer or other industry equivalents.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills demonstrating capabilities to deep dive in OS and application operations using tools such as or similar to Windows Performance Analyzer, ESXtop, and Event Log Analysis methods.
- Knowledge of SCCM, Group Policy, and User State Management.
- Ability to perform software or hardware changes dynamically, if possible for any particular product.
- Provide technical assistance to users and other company personnel.
- Provide support for Desktop Infrastructure related problems; Identify and successfully troubleshoot problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive Knowledge and experience with VMware vSphere/ESXi and PowerShell / PowerCLI.
- Experience with vCloud Suite specifically vRO and vRA.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
October 16, 2019
| Date Closes
December 15, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category