You are here: Careerlink.com
> Mutual of Omaha Companies
> Product Owner/Business Systems Consultant - Omaha, NE
The Finance, Actuarial and Investment Agile Release Train (FINART) is seeking a talented individual who will function in the role of a Product Owner in the Business Systems Consultant Job Family. The Product Owner is the member of the Agile team who serves as the Customer proxy responsible for working with Product Management and other stakeholders-including other POs-to define and prioritize stories in the team backlog. This position will oversite one agile FINART team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Represents a single voice for the customer and stakeholders.
- Leads and facilitates identification, development, and evaluation of alternatives and new opportunities to meet business requirements. Conveys the objectives to be achieved for work of a complex nature that require a higher level of abstract and creative solutions.
- Facilitates planning and prioritization of assigned backlog with necessary stakeholders in the business areas which includes scope and content decisions.
- Provides work direction of day-to-day activities. Provides overall goals; develops acceptance criteria on what needs to be delivered and approves deliverables.
- Lead, consult, manage and influence change management initiatives on complex projects that impact operational culture norms or large cross sections of the company.
- Utilizes project management software tools to generate portfolio and ideation reports. Reviews and analyzes data for accuracy, trends and potential risks.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment.
- Contributes to Program Increment Planning, participates in Iteration Planning, Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Fully engaged partner with their team Solution Lead and Scrum master to deliver prioritized features that meet customer expectations.
- Partners strongly with HR Managers to provide feedback and collaboration on team members performance and development plans & assignments.
This job posting is reflective of the Business Systems Consultant essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. Sr BSC levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Knowledge of insurance products, the insurance industry, insurance accounting, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, human relations, negotiation, and presentation skills. Analytical skills, attention to detail, problem solving and decision making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative. Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge in business system operations, equipment evaluations, system development techniques and workflow analysis, and business systems terminology and standards. Knowledge of implementation processes and redesign of supporting business processes. Experience with project management processes and tools.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Self-sufficiency in utilizing quantitative, statistical, data analysis, and interpretative skills.
- Knowledge of administrative systems, applications, office and testing tools in a business environment. Experience with PC based office tools, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Web navigation and software.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.