|Support Mutual of Omaha Investor Services, Inc. (MOIS) through managing process improvement initiatives associated with business technologies utilizing various methodologies and techniques to improve quality, efficiency and the effectiveness of products and services. Leads and facilitates the definition of business requirements for projects of a technologically complex or enterprise nature. Researches, analyzes, develops, implements, improves and supports MOIS business systems and processes. Functions as Change Management advocate on complex or enterprise projects. Performs tasks that generally have few established guidelines or processes to follow.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages process improvement initiatives associated with business technologies utilizing various methodologies and techniques to improve quality, efficiency and the effectiveness of products and services. Facilitates continuous process improvement activities looking for waste and errors, gathering and analyzing metrics throughout the value stream process, determining success
factors, identifying solutions, implementing value added process improvements and establishing benefit tracking reports.
- Leads and facilitates identification, development, and evaluation of alternatives to meet business requirements. Conveys the objectives to be achieved for technical projects of a complex or enterprise nature that require a higher level of abstract and creative solutions. Coordinates, plans and may conduct on-going maintenance, enhancements, and upgrades to existing business tools.Performs business impact analysis and research. May employ project management tools.
- Resolves conflicts and/or issues by assimilating, interpreting and drawing conclusions from an extensive variety of data with multiple abstract and concrete variables. Effectively influence, persuade and interact with multiple customer contacts to identify the root cause of identified problem and develop, evaluate, and present cost effective approaches that will satisfy the customer's requirements and resolve conflicts across multiple customers/suppliers. Utilizes tools and techniques to develop process models to accurately represent and define the conceptual business environment.
- Change Management Lead, consult, manage and influence change management initiatives on complex or enterprise projects that impact operational culture norms or large cross sections of the company. Facilitates sessions with sponsor to identify change management strategy and implementation approach based on situational awareness of the change and the groups impacted by the change. Develops and implements comprehensive actionable change management, communication, sponsor, resistance management and training plans for internal and external business associates and customers. Facilitates cross functional groups, assesses current facts, identifies and analyzes issues, participates in solution development and communicates findings and
recommendations. Researches best practices, implements system controls and procedures. Conducts change readiness and post change management assessments to determine effectiveness of change implementation. May serve as a liaison to other Operations or business areas.
- Reviews, analyzes, tests, and recommends new software applications and equipment. Develops and provides oversight to strategic test plans and may conduct quality reviews. Oversees vendor relations. Develops and administers project documentation, recommendations, and implementation procedures. Communicates project outcomes in a clear, effective, and timely manner to
necessary parties in the business area and other customer areas.
- Advocates and leads change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments. Assists in the work direction of day-to-day activities. Provides overall goals; develops, updates, and maintains work plans. Completes complex and sensitive projects. Acts as a resource, provides training and guidance to others. May delegate tasks to others (as appropriate) on projects with varying levels of complexity. May provide back-up support for management as needed.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Senior level Sponsors within the various business units. Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment. Researches, analyzes, and evaluates new and emerging business systems technologies, process improvement
practices, and change management methodologies.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Diverse knowledge of financial services including securities, insurance and bank products, the securities, insurance and banking industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices. Deep knowledge within several financial services disciplines with ability to quickly learn, function and deliver within all relevant knowledge areas.
- Demonstrated high level of leadership and relationship skills. Ability to interact with Senior level management within the various business units.
- Expert knowledge of continuous process improvement and change management practices, methodologies and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of business system operations, equipment evaluations, manual and mechanized system development techniques and workflow analysis, and business systems terminology and standards.
- Advanced knowledge of implementation processes and redesign of supporting business processes, which may include software implementation processes. Demonstrated experience with project management processes and tools and in managing and delivering projects timely.
- Excellent oral and written communication, human relations, negotiation, conflict resolution, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Proficient in elicitation techniques and managing requirements. Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and decision-making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent quantitative, statistical, and data analysis and interpretative skills to make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Expert knowledge of administrative systems, applications, office and testing tools in a business environment. Expertise with PC based office tools, such as Microsoft Office. Experience with Web navigation and software.
- Eligible to become and remain bonded.
- "This job does not include any specific securities industry license requirements. However, if you do have securities industry licenses, the company reserves the right to perform a full CRD background check".
- Broker-Dealer Experience
- FINRA Series 7 and/or Series 65
- Reigstration as a FINRA General Securities Representative.
- Registration as a FINRA General Securities Principal.
- Experience with Pershing and Albridge platforms including NetX360, Albridge Wealth Reporting and Albridge Data Warehouse
- Experience in database design, data modeling, data warehouse processes and data integration including SSIS
- Experience developing with DB2, SQL Server or other relational databases
- Experience creating and modifying database triggers, stored procedures, or complex analytical queries
- Experience with setting up/configuring data feeds via web services and/or SFTP
- Knowledge of scheduling tools such as Control-M
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Access and programming with Visual Basic for Application (VBA)