You are here: Careerlink.com
> Mutual of Omaha Companies
> Commercial Relationship Banker - Middle Market - Denver, CO
|Provides banking services to existing and new mid to large credit relationship customers to include commercial/business loans, investment, credit and capital market products and services. Oversees loan portfolios to ensure growth, proper risk management and compliance with appropriate regulations, laws and bank policies. Generally works under minimal direction/supervision. Coordinates with other Mutual of Omaha Bank partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies and develops profitable C&I banking credit and treasury management account relationships. Identifies opportunities to actively cross-sell banking products and services as appropriate. Facilitates presentations to prospecting customers and company principals. Participates in and presents creative solutions to meet their needs.
- Strengthens and manages existing account relationships through providing financial advice, determining commercial loan and deposit needs, and ensuring appropriate banking products and services are provided for profitable growth of the account.
- Structures and negotiates loans and/or agreements to include the terms, pricing, special conditions, interest rates for commercial accounts. Prepares appropriate documents and ensures adherence with banking policies and guidelines.
- Reviews and monitors the credit quality of new and existing commercial accounts. Identifies opportunities and provides recommendations to ensure high quality of the account portfolio. May perform underwriting functions as needed.
- Develops new business relationships by representing the Company through being active in the community, building and maintaining a network, participating in trade associations and non-profit organizations, and coordinating with other Mutual of Omaha Bank business partners.
- Develops and implements a strong business development program and financial strategy/structure to ensure aggressive growth of the commercial account portfolio and alignment with the banks marketing strategy.
- Ensures compliance with commercial banking policies and practices and regulatory statutes.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served. Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the customers' needs.
- Collaborates and coordinates with internal and external business partners to ensure banking products and services are provided in a timely manner and support the profitable growth of the account.
- Comply with all related Federal, State and industry laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 10% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Comm Relationship Banker III essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Comm Relationship Banker IV and V levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in C&;I Banking loans, deposits, lending techniques and practices
- Knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to commercial banking
- Strong knowledge of banking products and services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Business development, relationship management and lead generation skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, credit analysis and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to prospective customers and company principals, existing customers, banking officials and community leaders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Ability to manage risk for moderate loan size and complexity
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and formulate sound business decisions
- BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant Commercial Banking experience
- Completion of a formal Credit Training Program or applicable Credit Training experience
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.