Sr. Administrative Assistant - Temporary
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|The Investment Management team is seeking a task-oriented Senior Administrative Assistant who will perform advanced administrative support to leadership within the division. Responsibilities include managing multiple calendars, screening and redirecting calls; making travel arrangements, submitting expense reports and ad hoc tasks.
This role requires strong computer skills, flexibility, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters and a positive, can-do attitude will be essential.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for planning and scheduling meetings and conference calls for multiple calendars, reserving conference rooms, preparing agendas and meeting materials, arranging refreshments as necessary.
- Screens, handles, or redirects incoming telephone calls, from both internal and external sources. Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them in person when onsite and remaining as their point of contact throughout the visit to the Mutual of Omaha office.
- Operates personal computer and uses appropriate software to produce documents, presentations, spreadsheets and various materials for the department as necessary.
- Provides transcription, typing, mail distribution services, creates and maintains filing system and records. May be tasked with taking notes in meetings and preparing agendas.
- Provides calendar management and schedules meetings; manages travel itineraries; prepares and submits expense reports
- Provides backup support for other departments within the division and assists with new employee on-boarding. Maintains office supplies and inventory for the department.
- Assists with support of complex business functions/special programs/projects involving sensitive and confidential information by exercising discretion, applying rules and procedures and analyzing each situation independently.
- Analyzes incoming and/or outgoing information and processes to identify problem areas while ensuring legal and regulatory compliance and/or work efficiencies are maintained; alerts division management to potential problem situations.
- Gathers, summarizes and analyzes information, statistical data and surveys in order to prepare special reports and summaries that are pertinent to the operation. Uses judgment and creativity to develop computer presentations and training materials; coordinates and/or compiles, enters, maintains and disseminates information into and/or out of databases.
- Composes, handles and distributes correspondence including those of a confidential and complex nature.
- Experience with policies, practices, and procedures in a business environment
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills, strong decision-making ability, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure; adaptable and forward thinking; ability to anticipate needs of leadership
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Advanced computer skills with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task, manage and meet multiple deadlines under pressure, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Capable of working independently with demonstrated level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to learn and apply a background knowledge of the Companies as well as the policies, procedures and practices of the Investment Management organization.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
October 9, 2019
| Date Closes
October 16, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category