Lead, consult, manage and influence all change management activities in support of the Enterprise Business Platform Laboratory Division and established EBP Agile Release Train (ART). The primary objective of this role is to create and implement a change management strategy and plan to enable enterprise-wide and/or division-wide changes in support of the new platform.
What You'll do:
- Lead, consult, manage and influence change management initiatives on complex or enterprise-wide projects that impact operational culture norms or large cross sections of the company. Facilitate sessions with sponsors and/or senior level management to identify change management strategy and implementation approach based on situational awareness of the change and the groups impacted by the change. Develop and implement comprehensive actionable change management strategy, communication plans, resistance management plans and training plans for internal and external business associates and customers.
- Provide thought leadership on organizational readiness activities required to support large-scale change, leveraging industry standard change management methodologies to ensure successful planning and delivery. Conducts readiness assessments and post change assessments to determine effectiveness of communications and training along with the change implementation.
- Works regularly with ART Leadership on establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with senior level management/sponsors, project management within the various business segments, across multiple Agile Release Trains. Serve as a change liaison between operations/segments.
- Resolves change management issues by assimilating, interpreting and drawing conclusions from an extensive variety of data/assessments.
- Completes complex and sensitive projects maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Provide sponsors, change leads and project managers with strategic counsel and perspective that results in effective communication and change management processes, plans, and deliverables to achieve desired business goals.
- Expert knowledge of change management practices. Be recognized as a change management and communication expert within the organization; maintaining a solid understanding of the industry, incorporating change management best practices as they emerge.
- Leads the change management initiatives that impact department culture norms following change management methodology. Acts as a change management advocate and trusted resource providing guidance to the leadership team. Facilitates sessions with sponsor to identify the change management strategy and implementation approach. Advocates and leads change supporting team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments. Assists in the work direction of day to day change activities. Provides overall goals; develops, updates, and maintains change management work plans. May provide backup support for management as needed.
- Develop and maintain current change management knowledge and business knowledge of the area assigned, Mutual of Omaha practices, insurance/finance industry and business environment. Researches, analyze and evaluates new and emerging change management methodologies/tools.
Some specific functions for this position as OCM on EBP ART:
- Promoting the EBP platforms Vision
- Strategic Analysis & Planning Communication
- Formulate and deliver a strong communication and change management plan
- Assist in Program Increment and iteration planning (planning, set up, team building etc)
- Innovative ideas regarding collaboration and communication across the cars on the train as well as with leadership and stakeholders
- Assist scrummasters, as needed, with stakeholder and business partner communications
- PI and iteration communications
- Maintain train Sharepoint site
- Help to coordinate and communicate the work with areas we integrate with
- Help to coordinate backlog of work requests with our Stakeholders and required documentation in support of that work
- Assist with business plan development and quarterly back-briefing presentations
- Assist with Inspect and Adapt ceremonies
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Associate Business Systems Consultant essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Business Systems Consultant level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools. A solid understanding of how people go through change and the change process
- Demonstrated high level of leadership and relationship skills. Ability to interact with Senior Level management within the various business segments. Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout all levels of the company
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation/facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, problem solving and decision making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgement, initiative and active listening skills
- Clear understanding of the business processes and determine how changes to those processes will affect the organization
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically, holistically and cross-functionally. Experience with large scale organizational efforts.
- Understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences through a variety of communication methods
- Ability to influence others to move toward a common vision or goal
- Able to work in ambiguous situations; resilient, flexible and adaptable
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Experience in the Agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to meet stringent deadlines, deliver change management deliverables on time and on budget, work independently and part of a team, to guide, train and mentor others and to provide excellent customer service
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Powerpoint, Word, Publisher, Excel, and Outlook)