Associate Administrative Assistant - Group Suppt - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|Performs basic administrative duties under direct supervision primarily supporting non-complex business function by providing administrative assistance for department managers and/or staff to contribute to effective, efficient business operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides telephone support for area/department/division managers and/or staff requiring some knowledge of a technical nature to field questions from internal and external customers; forwards calls to appropriate contact; may provide backup phone support for other departments/areas within the division.
- Supports a non-complex business function to include receiving department documentation, date stamping, sorting, and distribution of documentation to appropriate associates; requests printed reports and obtains reports from print areas; bursts and sorts periodic reports according to established procedures, and routes to appropriate home office and field office associate(s).
- May compile and package department materials for distribution; picks-up and delivers documents or packages throughout the company, makes photocopies, sends facsimiles and delivers facsimiles to appropriate associate(s); participates in gathering data in preparation of documents and reports pertinent to the operation.
- Enters and maintains information on either a database or other software application. Completes various data entries, verifies the accuracy of system updates, and investigates and applies corrective action to edit errors.
- Provides general clerical support in word processing various standard letters or materials for management and/or department staff.
- Other administrative duties may include, but are not limited to: making travel arrangements for associates; maintaining office supplies inventory; processing special orders or reservations as requested; revising presentation materials; posting, logging, and balancing ledger information as instructed.
- May perform quality assurance checks, act as troubleshooter on correspondence, and provide training for unit.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set production goals.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Some knowledge of policies, practices, and procedures in a business environment; business equipment operation such as photocopier, facsimile, and postage meter.
- Some personal computer and/or data entry skill, along with some knowledge of various software packages including word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation and electronic mail.
- Ability to proofread and apply proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar in order to process accurate letters and materials; apply verbal communication skill in order to work effectively with internal and external customers; process detailed information.
- Good attention to detail.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
October 8, 2019
| Date Closes
October 15, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category