Supervisor - Custom Print In-Plant Operations
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|Supervises Support activities within publishing services. These activities support various functions and areas within the division to contribute to efficient business operations. Custom Print Operations runs two shifts and typical hours for this position are 6:30AM-3:00PM.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, organizes, staffs, leads, and controls activities pertaining to a specific business section within the Business unit including: planning projects and capital and human resource budgets; interviewing, selecting, and training staff; monitoring and appraising performance of team to hold them accountable for end results; coaching and motivating team; administering disciplinary action as needed; administering compensation; ensuring that the section complies with affirmative action guidelines.
- Manages workload distribution. Ensures that the quality and production objectives are accomplished. Organizes, measures and controls section workflow, establishes and maintains quality and time service standards, identifies problems and initiates corrective actions. Develops and implements new processes to enhance the flow of work, quality and information.
- Develops a team concept in staff through training, communication and delegation of responsibility. Establishes, implements and supervises training requirements. Manages and plans unit training ensuring efficient growth and development of section/unit personnel. Develops a positive team environment; develops leadership skills and knowledge. Measures customer satisfaction through surveys or other methods. Works daily with suppliers and customers. Promotes the use of Support Services/Publishing Services to customers by demonstrating cost savings and other benefits.
- Develops short-range plans for the section and participates in medium range planning for the department. Researches, develops and directs major section projects. Identifies, researches and implements appropriate system enhancements and new service delivery methods.
- Creates the annual budget, considering changes to the environment, technological developments, and any new functions requested in order to determine the impact to the department. Monitors and controls expenses on a monthly basis while ensuring critical measurements are met.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- This position requires you to lift, move, or carry heavy objects.
- Preplacement Physical Exam is required
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set production goals.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Strong technical knowledge of Print Systems; thorough understanding of print concepts and practices.
- Strong management skills, leadership, organization, and short-term planning abilities.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Effective analytical ability, sound judgement, and strong decision-making ability
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost containment.
- Strong understanding of customer service philosophies.
- Strong understanding of computerized administrative systems.
- Knowledge of Lean Methodology and the application of its principles.
- Preplacement Physical Exam is Required
- Knowledge of Corporate, Operation and Division functions, policies and objectives preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance environment and constantly changing automated system technologies is preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
October 7, 2019
| Date Closes
October 14, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category