Total Comp Finance Director - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
The total company Finance Director is the key point of contact for consolidated company results (strategic business units and affiliates) regarding financial analysis, financial projections, development of financial targets and performance measures, assessment and analysis of variances, and resolution of discrepancies, and identification of management actions necessary for the Enterprise to meet its financial goals. Additionally, this individual will drive the financial planning process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads an integrated team of Finance and Actuarial Analysts to deliver modeling, forecasting, financial analysis, expense analysis, and management reporting for the various business units.
- Analyzes financial information to determine past, present and future financial performance. Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
- Leads the development of reports and monitoring of metrics for internal management reporting and forecasting.
- Leads the annual financial planning process, including the continual review and monitoring of the technologies and applications used in this process.
- Assists in the preparation and evaluation of complex profit plans, forecasts, and internal management reports.
- Leads preparation of studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as budgets, functional expense studies, forecasts, financial plans, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Functions may include knowledge and review of: valuation of liabilities, calculation of reserves, testing of reserve adequacy, and asset/liability matching; managing studies that underlie actuarial assumptions; analyzing competitive developments in the marketplace.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Knowledge of life and health insurance business and financial concepts.
- Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
- Analytical skill set with a deep understanding of sources of profit and finance and actuarial concepts underlying product line performance.
- Knowledge of project management and change management methodologies
- Excellent communication skills.
- High learning agility.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience and comfort around higher management.
- Comfort with dealing with ambiguity.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
October 4, 2019
| Date Closes
December 3, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category