Position is responsible for preparing daily check pull and matching with correspondence, keeping the AP Jiras current, backup for reviewing/approving T&E reports and back up for supplier maintenance. They are also responsible for processing Accounts payable transactions based on Mutual policies and procedures. Position requires a basic understanding of Sox Compliance, Best Practice and IRS Regulation. Position requires knowledge of full-cycle Accounts Payable, basic of accounting principles, intermediate MS office (word, excel and power point), strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure. Excellent communication and writing skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with both internal and external customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Preparing daily check pull and matching with correspondence, keeping the AP Jiras current, backup for reviewing/approving T&E reports and back up for supplier maintenance.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to determine and/or review invoices for complex account classifications, approvals, and supporting documentation and to resolve any issues in documentation and contractual requirements with the appropriate department.
- Review check request, and/or other related documentation for accuracy, completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Follow up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts.
- Serve as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Work closely with the purchasing team to resolve invoices issues and make process improvements as necessary.
- Review invoice status and follow up on overdue invoices.
- Assist with managing month end close processes.
- Assist in in documentation of AP procedures and processes - to meet completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Suggest process improvements to remove bottlenecks in the payment process.
- Monitor and/or perform processes related to employee expense reporting system.
- Maintains both the integrity and confidentiality of all data, research and analysis, as directed.
- Performs miscellaneous filing, accounting and job-related duties as assigned.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Intermediate knowledge of finance and/or accounting practices and procedures preferably common to an insurance industry finance environment
- Ability to establish and execute against deadlines
- Understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting
- Communicates effectively verbally, non-verbally and in written formats, with peers and internal business partners while tailoring content and approach to the intended audience
- Attention to detail and follow-up, analytical acumen and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work with and maintain secure and confidential information as well as escalate data breach if they occur.
- Self-driven with growing ability to deal with ambiguity and a willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- 1 to 2 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Finance related field
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.