Occupational Health Consultant / Senior - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|Administers corporate medical leave and disability programs in compliance with all Corporate policies and regulatory requirements. Maintains working knowledge and proficiency in support of all clinic related processes, procedures and activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains ongoing working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal/state laws and regulations such as FMLA, OSHA and ADA, along with Occupational Disability Guidelines and both occupational and non-occupational clinical practice guidelines.
- Thorough understanding of applicable Human Resource policies related to Attendance, Illness Absence, Accommodations, Drug and Alcohol and Time Coding.
- Ensures effective and timely administration of Company's Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) plan, Extended Illness Absence Plan (EIP), and American's with Disability Act (ADA) programs in compliance with Company policies, and state and federal laws/requirements.
- Demonstrates high degree of proficiency and accuracy in documenting and coding the assessments and interventions of the many and varied aspects of case management duties.
- Works collaboratively and in consultation with supervisors, managers, and Human Resources Customer Team staff in addressing employee illness-absence, disability, complex medical leave issues and return to work plans.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the delivery of training programs for supervisors, managers and HRCT staff on the appropriate leave processes and procedures.
- Performs special projects as assigned, such as Medgate software administration, Business Continuity Planning, Corporate Maternity Lactation and Corporate Safety Programs.
- Establishes and maintains highly effective communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers and medical providers in order to promote and implement best practice Leave of Absence case management services.
- Provides back up coverage for all Health Services medical duties related to clinical New Hire review process and urgent and emergent employee medical needs.
- This position requires you to lift, move, or carry heavy objects.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Occupation Health Consultant essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The senior level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Registered nurse in the state of Nebraska, with 5 years current clinical practice skills. BS or BSN degree preferred.
- Professional nursing background with preferred experience in Occupational Health Nursing, Clinical Case Management, Group Benefits Administration or a closely related field.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to disability management.
- Sound nursing judgement, with excellent communication and human resource skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to function independently with limited supervision.
- Competence in learning and operating applicable computers and software programs.
- Strong self-starter, fast learner, quality/detail conscious and committed to deadlines.
- Critical thinker with ability to identify problems and create solutions.
- Certification in CPR, First Aid, and AED.
- Case Management certification.
| Date Posted
August 15, 2019
| Date Closes
October 14, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category