Marketing Specialist/Sr. Marketing Specialist - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing strategies and programs for all products and services sold through the Business Unit. Participates on project teams and in the development and implementation of marketing plans. Monitors project schedules and track progress. Maintains effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in the development and implementation of marketing plans, which include identification of target markets, product messaging, costs and projected sales. Participates in designing evaluation methods for each marketing plan. Ensures that communication plans are drafted so that internal and external audiences understand the message and can take action as appropriate.
- Participates on project teams for implementing marketing projects to ensure project objectives including budget and profit objectives are attained. Assists, plans and coordinates cross-functional work teams, providing support to entire team.
- Maintains effective working relationships with internal and external clients to provide ongoing marketing program communication, coordination of efforts during the course of a project and to meet any other miscellaneous needs of the client
- Develops and monitors project schedules and tracks progress of the project to assure deadlines are met. Develops files and documentation of each project.
- Works closely with Brand Management/Marketing Communications, Marketing Support Services and other internal areas to ensure appropriate communications, to manage variations to the marketing project plan including resource issues, changes in specs, budget variances and changes in deadline.
- Compiles data and analysis of data for use on teams either independently or in collaboration with the Market Research Department. Maintains and updates information for use in marketing programs.
- Reviews and provides feedback to team on effectiveness of marketing plan against objectives to ensure results are achieved and the program is cost effective. Conducts client satisfaction follow-up interviews to ensure clients needs were met. Compiles interview results and distributes to management. (IFS Marketing)
- Coordinates logistics for events such as sales incentive trips, national conferences, industry events, broker and client seminars, etc. (GBS only)
- May lead and/or participate in development and implementation of new processes. May serve as a member of various committees, task forces and special projects.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
*This job posting is reflective of the Marketing Specialist essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr Marketing Specialist level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Experience in marketing strategy, marketing campaigns, advertising and insurance practices and regulations
- Effective project management, change management, and organizational skills
- Strong oral communication and problem-solving skills and initiative and analytical ability
- Effective written communication skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Proficient use of personal computer and spreadsheet software
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
July 25, 2019
| Date Closes
September 23, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category