Director Asset Financing & Collateral Management
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|Participates in the enhancement of the Enterprise's ability to obtain leverage on a portion of the asset base through managing and/or consulting on a variety of programs within the investment marketplace. Engages in and consults on the delivery of valued investment services to our partners, most notably in the Finance Department and Emerging & Strategic Solutions Business Unit, through effective collaboration, engagement and communication.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the Securities Lending Program at Mutual of Omaha and its related activities. Provides recommendations on ways to enhance the lending platform as well as the cash reinvestment related portfolios.
- Collaborates with the Finance Department and other affected business units at Mutual of Omaha to support the Federal Home Loan Bank borrowing program. Reports current usage of asset base managed by Investment Department and recommends improvements to optimize the collateral portfolio.
- Provides consultative guidance and support of Investment Management's delivery of solutions for the Emerging & Strategic Solutions Business Unit.
- Collaborates with internal business partners on all Enterprise liquidity related activities, projects, and committees. Provides guidance to business leaders in support of the Finance Department's main goals of strong liquidity management and sound stress testing.
- Collaborates with the Portfolio Management Team and the Finance Department on projecting the cashflows from the investment portfolio and insurance operations as well as the current and expected investment activities.
- Supports the initiatives of the Collateral Management Team, the Public Fixed Income Group, the Investment Management Department, and the Enterprise, provides insight and feedback to ensure positive results are achieved.
- Collaborates with Derivative Portfolio Manager within Investment Management to coordinate and optimize usage of collateral resources within the Enterprise.
- Leads the monitoring and reporting of short-term investments as well as floating-rate investments purchased and owned by Mutual of Omaha entities.
- Provides clear, thoughtful and specific guidance to Investment Management staff on best practices for investment collateral management, including tracking of available assets, proper usage of those assets and insights into revenues and capital implications associated with deployment of the asset base.
- Participates in and contributes to an environment of collaboration and partnership within the Public Fixed Income Markets Group, Investment Management and the Enterprise by leading by example, listening to the voice of the customer and employee and coaching colleagues to embrace an openness to change.
- Demonstrates strong investment knowledge and understanding by communicating and engaging with internal and external business partners. Builds external relationships to collect additional insights on market, industry and asset class developments.
- Builds and strengthens internal and external relationships with business partners and industry experts to collect additional insights on market developments that impact the collateral management activities and liquidity position of the Enterprise.
- Coordinates with investment operations, other business units and across the Enterprise to the management and maintainence of sufficient order flow integrity, proper physical and / or computerized databases and required documentation. Provides guidance and direction to others on maintaining information and data.
- Occasionally, provides value added insights and/or recommendations to various Investment Management and / or Enterprise credit and operational committees in order to properly manage investment risks and opportunities.
- Ensures proper documentation for regulatory and compliance purposes. Supports and assists others with documentation processes, ensuring files are easily found, understood and maintained by others.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field.
- Proficiency in fixed income analytics.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the fixed income markets.
- Ability to evaluate portfolio risks and maintain a high level of operational awareness.
- Ability to collaborate with constituents at all levels and across the Enterprise.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, pride and ownership of work product, strength of conviction and desire to succeed.
- Strong strategic planning and leadership skills; ability to motivate and influence constituents at all levels and across the Enterprise.
- Unassailable ethics and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven success in establishing and maintaining relationships with internal and external business partners. Effective writing skills; ability to make effective presentations to management and Investment Management clients.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, negotiation and business management skills; ability to identify and achieve strategic goals. Ability to analyze, interpret, and utilize significant amounts of data to make sound business decisions.
- Ability to teach or foster development in others. Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Advanced business degree.
- Successful completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
May 15, 2019
| Date Closes
June 5, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category