This individual will be working on the Systems Management team that supports BMC Control-M (v9), BMC BPPM v9.6 / TrueSight v11, and BMC Patrol. Ideal candidates would have experience with a minimum of one of these BMC applications and willingness to increase breadth of knowledge across other domains. A good understanding of Unix and Windows OS, security, and software installation is also required.
There are rotational on-call responsibilities and occasional off-hours work required within this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Systems Administration: Monitors and oversees daily operations of moderately complex systems and systems management applications and tasks. Writes and debugs moderately complex systems administration scripts. Assures that assigned systems operate at desired efficiency by meeting or exceeding quality and services goals. Provides guidance, direction and systems administration expertise to peers and subordinates.
- Installation Management: Plans, performs, verifies and develops installation documentation for simple hardware and software installations to meet design specifications and efficiency. Develops simple operational documentation and procedures and performs installation tasks. Assures that appropriate operational documentation of systems is current and accurate.
- Problem Resolution: Analyzes and resolves technical problems through coordinating and restoring services minimizing impact to the customer. Analyzes the impact of, isolates and restores services associated with simple technical problems. Analyzes, documents, and fixes the root cause of simple problems. Proactively identifies and resolves potential problems before they impact customers. Is subject to 24-hour call and may be required to work other than normal working hours.
- Utilization Management: Determines, collects and maintains historical metrics and data repositories for simple metrics. Builds and maintains simple workload models. Plans and monitors utilization for and instruments and calibrates simple metrics.
- Configuration Management: For simple intra-domain configurations: Analyzes technical requirements; identifies and evaluates alternatives to meet requirements; selects target solutions to meet requirements and obtains consensus and approval for target solutions; develops migration plans; and performs resource tuning.
- Capacity/Demand Management: Gathers simple capacity requirements, including SLOs. Applies historical trends to simple capacity requirements, performs simple forecast analysis, and builds / updates simple capacity forecasts.
- Customer Relationship Management: Demonstrates a high level of service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction. Builds and maintains relationships with peers and Area ISMs. Understands and articulates Team services, products, and value to application areas and other Teams within the Area. Proactively works to solve application and infrastructure problems and coordinates activities with Team and Area to effect resolution. Provides operational interaction with business areas to resolve service failures.
- Tactical Planning: Provides input and participates in the development of simple tactical plans. Develops, monitors, updates and executes simple intra-domain tactical plans.
- Strategic Planning: Understands the impact of intra-domain strategic plans and maintains immediate technical currency.
- Architecture: Supports and complies with technical architecture. Participates in Systems Life Cycle Management. Reviews and influences ongoing design, architecture, standards, documentation and methods for Control-M, Patrol, and BPPM / TrueSight.
- Vendor Management: Evaluates vendor supplied system software packages and makes recommendations to IT management. Works with vendors to resolve problems and escalate resolution within the management chain when necessary. Provides feedback to vendors on desired product enhancements.
- Project and Program Management: Completes tasks and provides input to task definition and estimation. Ability to balance project work with day-to-day support (e.g. customer questions/requests and trouble-shooting/resolving technical issues) for the Systems Management tools
- System Stability and Security Management: Adhere to Change Management, Incident Management, Configuration Management policies and procedures. Manage and scale systems to meet business demands by providing a stable and secure infrastructure. Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Associate Systems Engineer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Systems Engineer level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Extensive hands-on experience with installation, configuration and administration of v9 or higher.
- Familiarity with plug-ins such as Contro-M AFT/MFT, Database, Peoplesoft, SAP BO, etc.
- Patrol: Extensive hands-on experience with Patrol Agent installation, configuration and administration.
- BPPM/TrueSight: Extensive hands-on experience with BMC TrueSight (or BPPM) installation, configuration, and monitoring policies/administration.
- Education / Professional Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Technical Knowledge: Strong understanding of assigned technologies with a focus on analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, maintenance, and documentation.
- Leadership and Authority: Gains authority through trust and respect and sets an example for coworkers; and delegates authority and tasks, and empowers subordinates to make decisions.
- Communication: Communicates moderately complex technical concepts to technical audiences and area management and with business and I/S customers as needed to solve problems and install and test moderately complex technical components.
- Planning and Perspective: Performs operational and tactical planning. Use Division, Area, and Team goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions.
- Policies, Process and Procedures: Acts in accordance with established guidelines and follows processes and procedures.
- Teamwork: Works with peers, subordinates, Area management, and business customers to build positive relationships and maintain constructive working relationships.
- Initiative: Undertakes activities on their own; communicates status appropriately; anticipates subsequent activities and projects; keeps informed of technology and industry trends and learns and applies new skills and technologies.
- Creativity and Innovation: Sees the bigger picture and articulates multiple solutions to technical problems
- Decisiveness: Makes good technical and operational decisions and shows accountability for those decisions.
- Flexibility: Effectively deals with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business, application, and infrastructure requirements; juggles multiple activities, projects, and initiatives simultaneously; and manages technical, political, and organizational fluctuations.
- Operational Excellence: Pursues and encourages Operational Excellence in all endeavors, leading and striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- Requires a technical understanding of operating systems and control languages with a focus on analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, maintenance, and documentation of simple operating systems upgrades or installations, as well as the ability to diagnose, isolate, and debug simple operating system problems.