Info Services Manager - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha is seeking a talented individual to fill an Information Services Manager position for the I/S Desktop Systems Engineering Team. We are seeking a highly motivated and driven individual that will oversee and manage a team that provides end to end support for Mutual of Omaha's physical and virtual desktops, along with general office print. Responsibilities include all aspects of desktop operations, management and infrastructure, including the tools and systems that support this very large and distributed desktop and application delivery environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, staffs, directs, and controls department activities. This includes all management functions and decisions such as budgeting for and controlling expenses, interviewing and selecting personnel, appraising performance, administering salaries, developing and coaching staff, long-range and short-term planning, and ensuring compliance with Corporate Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Articulates a strategic vision, which is clear and based on customer and I/S requirements and technology/architecture direction. Communicates direction in an appropriate manner with clarity to a wide variety of individuals. Develops and implements the changes needed to achieve the vision. Achieves results through appropriate use of personnel, technology, and processes. Provides proactive leadership to projects, assessing the overall viability or long term impact to projects, when major changes occur.
- This position requires excellent planning, oral and written communication, human relations, negotiation, and management skills. Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills are necessary in addition to a broad understanding of the impact of future hardware technologies on software capabilities, with expertise in applying these technologies in meeting the Companies' business needs.
- Develops and coaches assigned personnel. Builds a flexible and high performing team. Functions as a positive role model, strong coach and change agent. Ensures commitments are met.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires you to lift, move, or carry heavy objects.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Preplacement Physical Exam is Required
- Experience in creating a strategy and tactical plan that reflects customer needs and meets enterprise objectives in regards to desktop and application delivery technologies and tools.
- Ability to consult, participate and oversee the support and operations of the technical infrastructure used in desktop and application delivery.
- Strong working knowledge of current and developing trends within the desktop and application delivery technologies.
- Demonstrated abilities in continuous process improvements related to the desktop and application delivery IT processes.
- Experience in ongoing support and stability of the desktop and application delivery technologies. Ability to move the environment towards Digital Transformation.
- Understanding and knowledge of the budgeting process including Hardware, Software, Services and Supplies(HSSS).
- Strong motivational and visionary leadership.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4\:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies\: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
April 16, 2019
| Date Closes
June 15, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category