Customer Service Rep/Sr CSR-Group Claims Supt Serv - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|Performs customer service functions and service request processing to contribute to the retention of Company business. Supports the customer service process for products administered by the Companies to ensure quality, efficient and effective customer service to providers and policyowners. Handles the more routine inquiries, and elevates more complex issues as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides sound customer service for routine inquiries, and may assist with more complex and sensitive cases as directed, or as appropriate.
- Receives, researches, analyzes and handles routine incoming inquiries utilizing appropriate systems, policies, regulations, procedures and other reference materials to effectively respond to and resolve customer issues. Elevates sensitive customer requests when necessary.
- Places outgoing calls for inquiries on questions where information is not readily available on systems following appropriate research.
- Remains abreast of Company and industry changes, federal and state legislation and regulations, as well as changes in internal processes and procedures.
- May provide service recovery, to include turning complaint/error situations into an advantage; uses every service contact as an opportunity to conserve and/or expand the business.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set production goals.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Proficient oral and written communication, decision-making, analytical and human relations skills, sound and independent judgment
- Demonstrated telephone skills and the ability to provide quality and thorough customer service
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance in adherence to department and company attendance expectations
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including overtime
- Basic understanding of computer systems with proficient keyboarding skills
- Good interpersonal skills with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Detail Oriented
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, including interaction with customers while simultaneously documenting calls.
- Dental Claims processing skills/experience
- Planning and organizing skills with the ability to set priorities.
- Basic product knowledge of assigned area
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- May require government security clearance
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
March 15, 2019
| Date Closes
March 22, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category