|Provides business information analytics and report development for business units. Familiar with a variety of the data concepts, practices, procedures, environments, and tools used. Determines business information needs and identifies system requirements within assigned business areas. Provides technical and functional assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems, solutions, procedures, reporting and analysis tools that are cost effective and meet business intelligence requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs analysis and design by translating business requirements and developing reporting solutions that yield relevant business information in a user-friendly format by collecting, analyzing and leveraging data. Ensures data accuracy. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides support to customers by investigating, reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external sources and understands the source structures and business relevance of the data within assigned business areas. Designs, develops, implements and maintains business solutions for small to medium projects.
- Performs development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support business operations, process improvement and reporting. Maintains knowledge of current tools, languages and approaches used to develop, test, maintain, and execute systems and applications. Ensures appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented to protect the Company data assets from accidental or intentional misuse.
- Defines and contributes to data and data quality standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Identifies areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Supports business customers on assigned data repositories. Provides support for product implementations and modifications impacting repositories, project request documentation, CAT testing, and daily monitoring of stored data.
- Implements approved project plans and activities. Provides technical assistance and training to staff in project management, sales, reporting, I/T, I/S and workflow direction on small to medium projects.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the banking industry, and the business environment. Develops and maintains knowledge of application development technologies, methodologies, standards, and enterprise data sources and structures.
- Provides training and education to customers within the assigned business areas on Business Intelligence tools and processes. Helps business partners in understanding the reporting tools to allow them to better access the data independently.
- Monitors recurring processes and ensures output accuracy and timely distribution. Responsible for maintenance, documentation, and enhancements of recurring processes and procedures. Supports business partners in understanding the reports and reporting tools to allow them to better access the data independently.
- Supports the completion of data submission for industry surveys, annual statements, and regulatory filings based on the requirements. Follows up on inconsistencies or issues, provides recommendations for resolution, and ensures timely adherence.
- May monitor accounting activities to ensure data accuracy and availability. Ensures required activities regarding reconciliation, journal and ledger balancing, internal balancing for financial systems, and MAR process/procedure documents are completed on an accurate and timely basis.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- This job posting is reflective of the Business Intelligence Developer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr Business Intelligence Developer level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Considerable knowledge of Finance, Customer Services, Marketing, Sales domain and IT objectives and strategy.
- Considerable knowledge of project and process management and business systems requirements.
- Strong knowledge of technical environment (technologies, applications, projects and processes) in the functional business areas.
- Considerable knowledge of relational database administration, data consumption, and advanced data analysis.
- Strong consultative, analytical, conflict and strategic planning skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to research solutions and analyze data independently to provide recommendations.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.