Mortgage Documentation Specialist - Old Mill - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Boys Town, NE
|Assists in the processing, funding and correspondent activities for complex mortgage loans. Receives, researches and handles complex customer requests and ensures appropriate and timely resolution. Reviews loan documentation and issues purchase advices along with wired funds, ensuring compliance with bank policies, lending practices, and regulatory statutes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Creates and maintains loan files in an organized manner, including processes necessary for the electronic version of documents held in storage.
- Performs a variety of customer service and loan transaction activities including responding to requests, researching discrepancies and resolving issues. Takes appropriate actions to correct or change discrepancies.
- Performs a variety of processing activities to include: Loan funding, advances of wire funds, purchase advice preparations and loan escrow calculations. Identifies issues and processes suspense requests and funding errors, as necessary. Assists management with requests as appropriate.
- Gathers data from various sources, prepares and maintains reports and correspondence to include monthly reconciliation reporting for funding/fees/payments. Ensures adherence to End of the Month (EOM) and End of the Year (EOY) regulatory reporting requirements, banking policies, lending practices and regulatory statutes.
- Maintains knowledge of mortgage products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served. Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the customers? needs.
- Reviews loan documentation and audits from correspondent investors ensuring adherence to requirements and regulations. Processes monies received from investors and complete reports as necessary. Prepares sale and compliance documents and packages loans for shipment.
- Loads loans into the data processing system using the loan file to support entries. Maintains the Loan in Process account records and facilitates in documentation necessary for preparation of discharge documents.
- Assists with the management of loan escrows for purchased loans.
- Assists with documentation and completes reports associated with pool purchase and/or participation purchases.
- Validates data against loan documentation to ensure adherence to compliance regulations.
- Maintains document custodian relationships and systems to ensure adherence with document retrieval processes.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Considerable knowledge of and experience in mortgage lending techniques and practices
- Considerable knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry
- Considerable knowledge of mortgage loan products and services
- Strong communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective customers and existing customers and banking associates
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
March 15, 2019
| Date Closes
May 14, 2019
| Located In
Boys town, NE
| Job Type
| SOC Category