The I/S Command Center - Service Desk provides a central point of contact for customer reported information technology problems. This includes performing the first level of "Help Desk" support, resolving problems, and answering technical questions. The Command Center Specialist also performs problem monitoring, follow-up resolution, prevention analysis, and problem escalation for the following installed products:
- Hardware - Workstation equipment - keyboard, processor unit, monitor, mouse; printer, smartphone/mobile wireless device.
- Software - Microsoft Office, Extra, etc.
- Network Connectivity - Unable to connect to LAN, Citrix, mainframe, midrange or microcomputer product, workstation cabling
- Onlines - Availability or slow response of onlines and applications
- Logonid Security Issues - Password problems.
- Telephone Equipment - Telephone unit or wiring broken or not working properly
**Training for this position will be Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm for a minimum of 2-4 weeks
**Hours after training will be Monday-Friday 10:30am-7:00pm once released from training. After Hours Support will be needed up to 4 times a year.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the customer, computer systems, networks, and/or processes and mentors co-workers in problem-solving techniques and operations/production management .
- Initiates problem resolution and/or corrective action in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides excellent customer service via telephone, email, and chat. Meets service expectations through effective communication, listening and problem solving techniques. Ensures I/S Service requirements are met and anticipates customer needs and/or system problems.
- Records, identifies, monitors, resolves and escalates problems and issues that include, mainframe, distributed systems, network, workstation tools, applications, and voice and data technologies. Monitors, controls and coordinates production activities. Interacts with customers, systems, and applications to manage the daily operations. Recognizes problems situations, invokes recovery procedures and initiates corrective action as required.
- Provides direction, leadership and guidance on operational tasks and techniques, Fosters growth of associates in the development of technical, business and relationship management skills. Utilizes Solves business and technical problems provides recommendations that meet business requirements and adhere to the I/S architecture and technical standards.
- Obtains and maintains up-to-date knowledge of the companies business functions, work processes and systems. Keeps abreast of industry trends and technologies.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- 0-2 years of computer operations or help desk experience
- Demonstrate communication and incident/conflict resolution skills\
- Ability to learn new business and technologies
- Associates in related field of study (Management Information Systems) or equivalent experience.
- Information Technology certifications or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the Command Center processes and procedures and customer's work processes and terminology.
- Good customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers). Breadth of Infrastructure components and business unit application understanding as it relates to mainframes, distributed systems, microcomputers, and networks.
- Training or experience in Help Desk Analysis, Help Desk Environment, Console Monitoring, Operations Analysis, and Operations Production. Basic understanding of job scheduling, weekend activities scheduling and coordination, and system start-up and shutdown processes.
- Some knowledge of desktop software tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Lotus Notes and other support tools Limited knowledge of technology industry markets, product and pricing trends
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.