Portfolio Analyst-Fixed Income-Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|Provide analytical support to portfolio managers within public fixed income markets to achieve strategic goals of the investment department. Collaborate with data team and investment accounting department to manage data flow as well as understand data systems in order to provide investment reports to public traders and credit analysts.
- Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and manages the performance attribution reports on a recurring and ad hoc basis.
- Develops and maintains reports that clearly display portfolio and benchmark characteristics that quickly inform portfolio managers within structured securities and public corporate bonds. Builds a comprehensive understanding of the Enterprise's calculation methodologies for public fixed income securities.
- Manages the reporting and data flow around the Enterprise's public fixed income portfolio analytics and attribution systems.
- Works on ad-hoc projects and contribute ideas and recommendations to improve process efficiencies that support optimal risk and return on public fixed income securities.
- Serves as an in-house expert on data and leverages knowledge to build analytical reports which portfolio managers can act on.
- Builds internal and external relationships to collect additional insights on best practices for information dissemination to portfolio managers.
- Coordinates with investment operations and other business units within the Enterprise so as to ensure the appropriate maintenance of files, databases and record keeping per Enterprise and Investment Management policies and practices.
- Maintains proper documentation for regulatory and compliance purposes. Satisfies documentation processes to ensure files are easily found, understood and maintained by others.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, computer science or other quantitative major.
- Two to five years of related investment support experience.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of fixed income markets.
- Prior experience with Bloomberg, Bloomberg AIM, or BondEdge.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel including VBA programming (what about other Microsoft products or investment systems)
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, pride and ownership of work product, strength of conviction and desire to succeed.
- Sound ethics and integrity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills; ability to participate in and / or develop proposals based on analysis and research; desire to help Investment Management achieve strategic goals
- Familiarity with cashflow modeling for structured securities.
- Previous experience in portfolio analytics, performance measurement, or data analysis.
- Ability to learn how others make judgements regarding credit, risk and valuation and apply that learning to data aggregation, evaluation and reporting.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages (e.g., C++, Python, R)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
February 7, 2019
| Date Closes
February 28, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category