Technical System Analyst II or III - Phoenix or Omaha
Mutual of Omaha Companies Guadalupe, AZ
The Technical Systems Analyst develops applications and business integration solutions and uses a variety of platforms, technologies and methodologies to provide solutions to customers. Responsibilities include system and application architecture, installation of system and enhancements, maintenance, application currency, advanced system trouble shooting and testing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works independently and with the team to install and maintain applications and the systems they rely on, stream-line processes and resolve problems.
- Adapts bank applications (internally developed, packaged/OTS, hosted or SaaS) in order to meet business needs.
- Provides guidance to the business community on the capabilities and set-up of banking applications in support of a defined set of requirements.
- Interacts with 3rd party vendors to resolve application issues or meet a particular business requirement
- Conducts data collection, maintenance, and analysis activities to facilitate the development or alternative solutions for internal business partners from the various banking applications or databases.
- Provides technical and/or business solutions to customers.
- Analyzes, develops, modifies, installs, tests and maintains software and hardware.
- Participates in and assists with the development or application and/or technical integration solutions.
- Analyzes and resolves application and/or infrastructure technical problems and coordinates resolution activities at a team level and/or within business areas.
- Understands team services, products, and value to I/S areas, business areas and to their own team.
- Researches customer problems to identify root cause.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Technical System Analyst II essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Technical System Analyst III level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Bachelor's Degree in related system and/or business related field or study (equivalent work experience)
- Previous banking IS experience (3+ years) or equivalent experience
- Previous experience installing and maintaining systems
- Working knowledge of programming languages, platforms and technologies
- Ability to support multiple applications
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- MS Office Knowledge
- Ability to traverse various Windows systems
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology domains
- Ability to work weekends and after hours and/or to be on call
- Solid research skills and technical skills a must
- Ability to communicate to both a technical and non- technical audience essential
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Customer
- Knowledge of Financial Institution software applications
- Knowledge of the Financial and banking industry and related legislation
- Awareness of Financial Institution business operating procedures and practices
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
December 7, 2018
| Date Closes
February 5, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category