DSC Assoc Sales Consultant (Direct Sales Center) - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|Receives inbound calls from prospects, current policy holders, 3rd party lead sources, and business partners. Solicits new or add-on business, conserving current business and generating leads with established customers through direct telephone contact, written and electronic communication. Provides services to ensure the retention of Direct to Consumer (DTC) business. Handles the more routine nquiries elevating more complex issues as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive incoming calls from prospects, sales lead sources, and existing customers.
- Interview prospects, leads, and customers looking for assistance with Life and Health insurance and encourage prospects to close business over the phone when appropriate.
- Initiate, interview, identify and send appropriate materials to meet the caller's insurance needs, and make outbound calls as needed to close follow up business over the phone.
- Confidentially handle all policy owner and prospect information. Ensure company compliance standards are met.
- Meet and/or exceed department standards related to productivity and sales standards established through measurements
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position is in a fast-paced, high volume environment with set production goals.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Sales background with proven performance in a competitive sales environment preferred but not required
- Ability to pass state life/health licensing exam within 90 days from the beginning of the month following training
- Ability to comprehend and interpret insurance products, features, and policy language and the ability to market and sell such products
- Ability to meet sales and overall performance targets in order to pass initial training
- Strong oral communication skills, sound judgement and human relations skills
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast paced, production environment; navigate in multiple computer applications; and provide requirements and solutions telephonically
- Ability to pass background and credit checks to secure insurance licenses
- Ability to work various hours and schedules, including evening and Saturday shifts
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance in adherence to department and company attendance expectations.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
December 6, 2018
| Date Closes
December 13, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category