Manager Bank Operations - ACH - Phoenix, AZ
Mutual of Omaha Companies Guadalupe, AZ
|Manages and coordinates the support and services operations for the bank to include bank system access administration, back-office operations, and branch support functions. Develops and implements efficient operational processes and procedures. Ensures compliance with banking practices and applicable banking regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops, implements, trains and maintains bank policies and procedures for bank support operations. Supports bank operational and general ledger activities to ensure timely processing and compliance with bank policies, procedures and regulations.
- Manages system access for all banking applications.
- Manages Bank support functions including Transaction Processing, ACH, Wires, Cash Vault, Debit Card processing and disputes, Branch Capture processing and account maintenance focusing on ACH file processing, research and maintenance.
- Supports new branches, products and system enhancements, ensuring appropriate system set-up based on defined specifications.
- Oversees exception item processing including Return Deposit Items, Charge-backs, and NSF processing. Internal partners with appropriate areas within the bank in the resolution of processing or posting errors.
- Works with Vendors and Shared Services in support of Bank operations.
- Gathers and analyzes financial information for inclusion in various financial and regulatory reports as required.
- Researches and resolves customer service issues as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of the banking industry as well as the market areas served and becomes a subject matter expert on all related bank operations activities.
- Communicates effectively and maintains favorable working relationships with management, peers, and/or external examiners, auditors and consultants.
- Assures that expenditures are within budget and appropriately authorized.
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce.
- Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Minimum of 3 years related-experience in Bank Operations Processing
- Working knowledge of bank operations activities
- Knowledge of and experience with core banking systems including system access roles and responsibilities
- Knowledge, interpretation and application of law and regulations related to banking
- Strong communication, leadership, customer service, training and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Sound judgment, decision making skills and problem solving skills
- Personal computer skills in various software packages, including work processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and banking systems
- Ability to develop and operate within a budget
- Ability to build relationships through maintaining networks of contacts who are useful in achieving business results
- Ability to teach or foster development in others
- Ability to make others comply in fair, equitable, non-punishing fashion
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Customer
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
December 6, 2018
| Date Closes
February 4, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category