Associate Data Scientist
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|The Associate Data Scientist provides analytic support to solve business problems through requirements gathering, data discovery, advanced statistical and machine learning methods, reporting, and presentation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with business partners to understand business objectives/goals and develop a clear and well-defined analytic plan.
- Support the analytic life cycle.
- Performs data extraction and data manipulation.
- Explore data to understand and articulate the data profile and its limitations.
- Assist in the development of predictive modeling and association modeling such as segmentation analysis, data modeling, risk modeling, behavioral analysis, cross-selling analysis, and customer churn analysis.
- Develop trusted outcomes by applying appropriate analytical techniques and metrics.
- Support the deployment and maintenance of the analytic model.
- Communicates clear outcomes at varying levels of detail to our business partners.
- Undergraduate degree in analytically driven fields such as mathematics, statistics, physics, economics, data science, computer science, operations research or actuarial science.
- Ability to write SQL to gather data.
- Proficient in one or more computer programming languages, or proficient in statistical analysis and machine learning.
- Basic understanding of data visualization.
- Knowledge of structured data platforms.
- Adequate verbal and written communication and human relations skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- Potential to self-direct and work independently at times.
- Graduate degree in analytically driven fields such as mathematics, statistics, physics, economics, data science, computer science, operations research or actuarial science.
- Product and industry knowledge.
- Strong business acumen.
- Associate or Fellow in Society of Actuaries.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
December 3, 2018
| Date Closes
December 17, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category