Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference? Do you want to work with people who are driven to provide the best possible experience for their customers? Is Agile more than just a methodology to you - it's a way of thinking? If you answered yes to these questions, then consider applying for this IT Manager position at Mutual of Omaha Bank. In this role, you'll collaborate with stakeholders to deliver custom developed applications that solve critical business problems, help lead efforts to automate bank processes and work with talented teams to continue to refine our Agile practices.
We're looking for a servant leader who collaborates well with others, embraces the art of the possible and uses their talents to help move our company forward.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, staffs, directs, and controls department activities. This includes all management functions and decisions such as budgeting for and controlling expenses, interviewing and selecting personnel, appraising performance, administering salaries, developing and coaching subordinates, long-range and short-term planning, and ensuring compliance with Corporate Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Articulates a strategic vision, which is clear and based on customer and I/S requirements and technology/architecture direction.
- Communicates direction in an appropriate manner with clarity to a wide variety of individuals. Develops and implements the changes needed to achieve the vision. Achieves results through appropriate use of personnel, technology, and processes. Provides proactive leadership to projects, assessing the overall viability or long term impact to projects, when major changes occur.
- Functions performed are affected by advances in information systems technology and by changes in corporate information systems requirements caused by economic fluctuations, insurance industry trends, government regulations and other factors. The scope of this position holder's responsibilities range in size from satisfying diverse needs of a single customer to developing a large, complex multiple-function system within a high risk environment.
- Develops and coaches assigned personnel toward the achievement of career goals and plans while meeting the objectives of the Company. Facilitates horizontal development (growth within a given job level) and vertical development (movement of strong performers to the next job level) where applicable.
- Selects, trains, and appropriately uses staff resources. Aligns or acquires resources needed to deliver effective results. Builds a versatile and flexible organizational unit. Successfully utilizes contract employees where applicable.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with customers and suppliers. Exhibits effective technical/business skills and understanding to conceptually discuss the technologies/processes required to meet customer business requirements. Formalizes, understands, and negotiates customer/supplier priorities. Balances immediate problems with established tactical/strategic I/S and customer plans. Successfully understands the impact of technologies on Company problems and processes. Treats customers with respect, dignity, and appreciation. Adds value to customer interactions.
- Ensures commitments are met exploiting the appropriate defined architecture and infrastructure. Effectively guides and executes project control techniques. Guides development of sound business cases.
- Functions as a positive role model, strong coach, and change agent. Builds a team that understands operation, area, and team visions and strategies. Motivates, inspires, energizes, and helps people overcome barriers.
- Builds high performing teams by coaching/mentoring employees with diverse backgrounds or skill sets. Uses positive regard to work through conflict to find win/win situations.
- Creates a tactical plan that reflects customer needs and I/S' ability to meet them. Participates in the development and maintenance of unit, area, division, and (where applicable) customer plans. Tracks executions, forecasts, balances, and adjusts operating work plans. Anticipates problems and opportunities while operating the planning process successfully modify plans to accommodate changes, and document/correct problems. Accommodates unplanned circumstances while maintaining focus on tactical/strategic objectives. Searches for and recommends suggestions for expense reduction within their Team, Area and Division.
- Consults and participates in the development and/or selection of technical solutions as required. Understands concepts associated with the I/S architecture and information services industry. Understands the impact of technologies on Company problems and processes. Manages the orderly introduction and change o f technology to the company. Proactively seeks new opportunities to creatively apply technology and knowledge within Team, Area, and Division.
- Actively supports and understands I/S Core Processes. Guides the operation of the processes. May actively participate in the construction, enhancement, and deployment of core processes. Searches for and recommends suggestions for process improvements within Team, Area and Division.
- Understand customer business processes. Participates with customer management, as requested, to define, review, or modify business processes. Understands how specified technologies can enable business processes.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.