Managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of all run, grow and transform work being performed by 1 cross-functional
stable team of up to 15 total members. Acts as the servant leader and coach for the Agile team. May also manage one-time medium
to large projects consisting of a projected one year internal labor cost of up to $2.3M. (15 FTE's for one year)
The Enterprise Self-Service Enablement team is currently seeking an energetic and engaged Project Manager/Scrum Master to support our IS team and its enterprise data applications. The enterprise reporting and analytical applications supported on the team include Business Objects, Tableau, SAS and Oracle Hyperion, as well as new self-service data tools Alation and Trifacta, brought in through the Interconnected View of the Customer (IVoC) program for data cataloging and data preparation, to be used with the enterprise Hadoop Data Lake and the enterprise relational database environments. The IS team provides application support and user enablement for our enterprise reporting and analytical vendor applications and our custom integration solutions, including upgrades, enhancements, services, as well as user training and collaboration, to enable enterprise users to more easily gain insight from the data. This role is critical to ensuring consistent planning, prioritization & delivery of products and services for the department in support of ongoing effectiveness and best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works in a Scaled Agile environment on a stable team that consists of both technical and business resources (or I/S resources providing an technology service or enterprise component). Serves as the Scrum Master for 1 cross-functional stable team delivering technology solutions. (up to 15 fully dedicated resources). Facilitate the team to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
- Serves as the process expert and helps educate the team in Scrum, XP, Kanban and SAFe. Ensures the SAFe framework and Agile process is being followed.
- Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of all run, grow and transform work being performed by a stable team. This may include the management of projects to include the definition of project charters, budgets, and measures as well as developing project structures and ensuring proper operations turnover.
- Facilitate the day-to-day coordination of work and removal of impediments while adhering to standards and Product Management prioritization/PI Objectives.
- Responsible for tracking work status and managing issues and risks to include financial analysis, evaluation of progress/quality/costs, developing action plans to address gaps or risks, adherence to compliance and procurement processes, and problem resolution.
- Responsible for building and leading high performing teams, including building strong product owner, sponsor, solution lead, stakeholder, vendor, customer, and team relationships.
- Responsible for work to implement or enhance a wide range of business system and/or technology solutions, which span a number of disciplines, including development, programming, implementation, compliance, and information management.
- Facilitate continuous Improvement/growth plans for the team in several domains, such as DevOps, Operational Excellence, Customer Experience and use of Customer Insights.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 2-8 years Agile/Scrum project management experience.
- 4-6 years of information technology experience and/or business experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply the SAFe Framework
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to define issues, business/technology needs, and implement solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new business and technology.
- Experience with development theories and processes.
- Knowledge of project management, risk management, procurement management and change management.
- Credible understanding of different technology and domains (mainframe, client server, web, portal, new development, infrastructure, server, etc).
- Ability to manage work across technologies, domains, and business functions.
- Ability to apply the following skills:
- Interpersonal - effective verbal and written communication skills, resolves conflicts and effectively negotiates issue resolution, establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships, and displays strong facilitation skills. Actively demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others.
- Servant Leadership- advocates change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments. Empowers and develops people, demonstrates humility and authenticity, provides direction rather than "giving orders." Coaches others and seeks and applies feedback often. Creates an environment of trust where it is safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Professional - understands and executes Agile project management processes and industry best practices which include, but are not limited to, effective PI Planning, monitoring work, managing scope, managing resources, ensuring quality control, maintaining effective communication with team and all stakeholders, managing risk, and monitoring and controlling costs.
- Partnership - demonstrates customer focus and knowledge of product, functional and operational processes, business and technology systems and utilizes innovation and adaptability in solution definition with a results orientation.
- Bachelors in related field of study (Business Administration/Management Information Systems)
- SP (SAFe Practitioner)
- SSM (SAFe Scrum Master)
- SA (SAFe Agilist)
- C.A.P.M (Certified Associate in Project Management).
- P.M.P. (Project Management Professional)
- C.S.P (Certified Scrum Practitioner)
- PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)
- Continuing professional education related to position (20 hours per year).
- Industry knowledge and application (2-5 business partners, use of 4-7 systems)