Renewal Executive - St. Louis Group Insurance Office
Mutual of Omaha Companies St. Louis, MO
|Contributes to the generation and retention of Group Insurance premium income through the attainment of specific persistency and renewal targets that align with divisional and office goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Renewals - Presents, explains, and sells the renewal, including rate increase targets, through presentation of a renewal package that aligns with company objectives. Attains set persistency and renewal targets. Consults with the client on specific plan design needs.
- Business Planning - Proactively and collaboratively works with office manager to plan upcoming renewals and strategies in an effort to attain divisional, office and individual targets and goals.
- Negotiation - Evaluates and understands case demographics for the purpose of negotiating current and renewal rates with underwriting and/or broker and/or client in order to meet identified retention objectives. Identifies add-on sales opportunities for the purpose of meeting set financial targets.
- Relationships - Forms, identifies, and manages existing and ongoing relationships with key internal partners, brokers and broker firm's staff for the purpose of leveraging, negotiating and renewing business.
- Service - Services and/or assists in servicing complex client issues and requests. Manages benefit fair meetings for groups that meet certain requirements. Conducts in-person renewals with identified key broker and/or client accounts. Attends key broker outings and/or offsite meetings as needed. Facilitates smooth handling of ordinary customer service issues to customer service team as appropriate.
- Budget - Manages expenses to budget.
- This position requires up to 40% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the tim
This job posting is reflective of the Renewal Executive essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr Renewal Executive level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Candidate must possess or attain licensed agent/producer status within 60 days of entry into the job.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the workweek and a valid driver's license.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Relationship building skills.
- 2+ years successful sales, account management and persistency experience and ability.
- Proven and strong negotiation and sales skills.
- Strong product knowledge
- Thorough understanding of Group Operation products, marketing techniques, and procedures for negotiating, selling and underwriting renewals.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
November 21, 2018
| Date Closes
December 12, 2018
| Located In
St. louis, MO
| Job Type
| SOC Category