Application Systems Analyst/Architect- Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|The Application Systems Analyst develops application and business integration solutions. Uses a variety of programming languages, platforms and technologies to provide business solutions to customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support the business operations.
- Responsible for having the knowledge of the tools and languages used to develop, maintain and execute systems.
- Responsible for understanding and leveraging approaches for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications and assisting with issues.
- Responsible for understanding the business, business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business area.
- Responsible for acting as an internal consultant, and mentor to more junior staff. Provides task-level leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Pursues Operational Excellence in all endeavors, striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- Full Stack Development Services to support the 2018 Workplace Solutions Roadmap with specific focus on Employer/Employee Experience.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Application Systems Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Application Solution Architect level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 4 years systems experience.
- 3-5 years experience in full stack development creating straightforward, clean, easy to maintain code; able to work in an agile and highly collaborative work environment while influencing those around them in a way that allows the team and others to learn and improve.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web, Portal, Cloud, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience developing web apps with React, Vue and/or Angular
- Experience developing/enhancing RESTful web services
- Experience developing with DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server or other relational databases
- Experience using persistence frameworks like JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Experience with Intellij IDEA and Git
- Knowledge of build automation tools such as Webpack and Gradle
- Knowledge of the Company's business functions and Financial Service's business processes.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities.
- Strong customer relations skills (with all levels of internal and external customers).
- 2 years' experience developing in modern UI frameworks (Angular/Vue/React)
- Desire to take on & learn new technologies & applications
- Self-starter - take ownership of applications & related technologies
- Experience developing systems with Agile methodology
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
November 20, 2018
| Date Closes
January 19, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category