Responsible for the direction of strategic, mission critical Agile Release Trains (ARTs) or programs at the enterprise level. Serves as
a Release Train Engineer (RTE) or Program Manager for a Train or Program consisting of 4-6 Stable Teams of fully dedicated
resources developing technology solutions. Acts as a servant leader and coach for the teams in the program/on the ART. Facilitates
the major events/ceremonies, communicates with stakeholders, escalates impediments, manages risks and dependencies, and
drives relentless improvement across the program/ART. Oversees other strategic aspects of large programs/trains, including
defining scope and objectives, identifying and recommending solutions, contract negotiations, and monitoring progress and
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as a Release Train Engineer (RTE) or Program Manager for a Train/Program consisting of 4-6 stable teams of fully dedicated resources developing technology solutions (40-50 fully dedicated resources). This role is critical to the success of the ART/Program and is a key strategic member of the Leadership Triangle, using a broad range of program management and leadership skills.
- Works in a Scaled Agile environment on a program or ART (Agile Release Train) that consists of both technical and business resources (or I/S resources providing an technology service or enterprise component). Facilitates the train to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. Ensures schedule, cost, quality and benefit realization objectives are met. Facilitates PI Planning readiness (Vision and Backlogs), periodic synchronization meetings, Inspect and Adapt workshops, system demos and solution demos.
- Serves as the process expert for the program and helps educate the teams in Scrum, XP, Kanban and SAFe. Ensures the SAFe framework and Agile process is being followed. Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of all run, grow and transform work being performed by the program/train. This includes the management of large/jumbo programs and may include the definition of project charters, budgets, and measures as well as developing off-train project structures and ensuring proper operations turnover.
- Responsible for overseeing the tracking of program-level work status and managing issues and risks to include financial analysis, evaluation of progress/quality/costs, developing action plans to address gaps or risks, adherence to compliance and procurement processes, and problem resolution.
- Collaborates closely with Product Management/Senior leadership on identifying critical success factors and MVP (minimum viable product) and may participate in the development of opportunity assessments/business cases. Works closely with senior and/or executive management and analyzes the program's/train's strategic objectives and delivery predictability, collaborating on solutions that best meet the requirements of the company to enhance customer experience and competitiveness in the marketplace.
- Champions and facilitates continuous Improvement/growth plans for the program/train in several domains, such as DevOps, Operational Excellence, Customer Experience and use of Customer Insights. Serves as a member of the organizational growth team for the program/train. Partners with Product Management, Architecture, Business Owners, value stream leaders, and process owners to develop transformational implementation roadmaps/strategies designed to transform the business processes.
- Facilitates the program/train level day-to-day coordination of work and removal of impediments while adhering to standards and Product Management prioritization/PI Objectives.
- Responsible for building and leading high performing teams, including building strong product management, architect, scrum master, product owner, sponsor, solution lead, stakeholder, vendor, customer, and team relationships.
- Responsible for work to implement or enhance a wide range of business system and/or technology solutions, which span a number of disciplines, including development, programming, compliance, and information management.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 5+ years experience of successful implementations of projects/programs with the ability to manage efforts including greater than $5M annual internal labor cost.
- 5-10 years combined project management and/or program management experience in increasingly progressive technology implementation roles. Knowledge of and the ability to apply the SAFe Framework.
- Bachelors in related field of study (Business Administration/Management Information Systems).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, presentation skills, and ability to effectively work with senior management, stakeholders and cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-portfolio dependencies and use extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent critical thinking and influencing skills with extensive knowledge of analysis and design.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate, interpret and draw conclusions from an extensive variety of data with multiple abstract and concrete variables. Willingness to take calculated risks.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain business relationships with customers and suppliers at all levels while influencing/persuading sponsors and key stakeholders on large projects.
- Ability to understand and convey to others enterprise level objectives and impact of programs, implementation and deliverables.
- Thorough knowledge of the insurance industry, operational business processes, and how technology relates to business, market and the insurance industry when meeting critical business needs. Ability to manage work across technologies, domains, and business functions.
- A working knowledge of various hardware and software products and Mutual of Omaha and/or TPA related systems. Credible understanding of different technology and domains (mainframe, client server, web, portal, new development, infrastructure, server, etc). Ability to adapt quickly to new business and technology.
- Proven leadership abilities including strong decision-making, sound judgment, team building, coaching, mentoring and problem solving skills. Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply project management, risk management, procurement management and change management methodologies.
- Masters Degree in related field of study (Business Administration/Management Information Systems)
- C.S.P (Certified Scrum Practitioner)
- PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)
- C.S.M. (Certified Scrum Master)
- Continuing professional education related to position (20 hours per year).
- Industry knowledge and application (4-7 business partners, use of 8+ systems)
- SPC - (SAFe Program Consultant)
- SP (SAFe Practitioner)
- SSM (SAFe Scrum Master)
- SA (SAFe Agilist)
- C.A.P.M (Certified Associate in Project Management).
- P.M.P. (Project Management Professional)