System & Financial Controls Implementation Spec.- Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
Are you looking for a role in which you can add immediate value to the organization? Do you have audit, accounting, information systems or internal controls experience? Are you ready for a challenging role in which you will have autonomy to carry-out high-stakes projects with significant visibility?
Mutual of Omaha is on a multi-year journey to modernize our actuarial function. This journey includes our actuarial systems, models, data, reporting, and processes. We are looking for an individual with excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills to join the Finance and Actuarial team ans support this key initiative. This individual will also lead and manage projects with cross-functional visibility and participate in the system implementation process to design and implement the process, risk and control framework. This unique role provides a blended opportunity to utilize or build your financial, audit and information systems skills through process design, data testing, risk identification and control development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes business processes to identify trends, risks, controls, and/or indicators.
- Identify and develop control framework related to new system implementation.
- Participates in or leads projects, as assigned.
- Participates in and documents key processes, decisions and insights to business partners.
- Seeks to improve understanding of business products and strategy.
- Contributes ideas to improve business processes and knowledge in the workplace.
- Operates collaboratively while building relationships with business partners.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting and/or auditing practices and procedures preferably common to an insurance industry environment.
- Ability to understand processes and growing ability to assess risk associated within those processes.
- Ability to establish and execute against deadlines.
- Understanding of GAAP and statutory accounting.
- Communicates effectively verbally, non-verbally and in written formats, with peers and internal business partners while tailoring content and approach to the intended audience.
- Exhibits Technical skills and demonstrated continual learning.
- Attention to detail and follow-up, analytical acumen and excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple and competing priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with and maintain secure and confidential information as well as escalate data breach if they occur.
- Self-driven with growing ability to deal with ambiguity and a willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Basic problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to utilize creative thinking in improvement of business processes.
- Ability to diagram process flows and growing ability to bring insights around risk mitigation and controls.
- Growing ability to judge the fit between controls process and accounting policy and to influence others in the continuous improvement of controls.
- Knowledge of accounting systems used in an insurance industry environment.
- Experience and/or knowledge of system conversion process.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the Accounting field.
- Understanding of statutory accounting and/or insurance business processes.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
November 13, 2018
| Date Closes
January 12, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category