Operating Engineer - (3pm - 11pm Sunday - Thursday) - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|Operate, monitor, control, repair, adjust and calibrate all Physical Plant mechanical and electrical equipment and systems to ensure the safe, efficient, and reliable operation and use of all systems thus providing the necessary utility and environmental requirements to support the Companies business operations in the home office complex and other remote buildings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize the Energy Management System (EMS) to monitor, initiate changes and/or adjustments and to identify operational abnormalities in the Home Office complex HVAC equipment and supporting systems. Perform site inspections to verify EMS information, repair and/or alert appropriate personnel to system abnormalities. Compile computer generated data to support concerns and communicate to the appropriate level, chronic mechanical and/or electrical systems problems.
- Complete operating logs with observed readings on primary power plant equipment. Record completion of assigned daily and shift maintenance tasks. Prepare records of fuel consumed, water utilized, steam generated, and other engineering functions to be monitored for costs and efficiency.
- React correctly and promptly to all on-line equipment systems failures by bringing redundant systems on-line, isolation of problem conditions and initiating repairs as appropriate to the condition(s). React correctly and promptly to fire alarm and life safety system abnormalities using system manuals to locate, diagnose, reset and/or repair malfunction. Verify that the systems return to normal operations or call appropriate contractor personnel.
- Provide technical expertise and assist as necessary by communicating with internal and external personnel regarding systems operations, comfort conditions, special events, repair needs, emergency assistance, or any other circumstances that involve Physical plant equipment or systems.
- Maintain plant equipment and equipment room cleanliness.
- Assists maintenance staff with job duties as needed
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- This position will require you to work in outdoor conditions.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires you to lift, move, or carry heavy objects.
- Preplacement Physical Exam is Required
- Previous engineering experience relating to large power/refrigeration plant operations
- Knowledge of plant systems and their operating relationships
- Knowledge of the functions and capabilities of a computerized Energy Management System
- Ability to read, understand and diagnose system problems through use of "real time" graphics, system logs, trend logging, system(s) comparative values, etc.
- Maintain proficiency and routinely utilize corporate and government safe working practices and requirements. This may include but not be limited to: OSHA Lockout/Tagout program, Electrical Safe Working practices, MSDS program, and EAP certification in refrigerant handling
- Current city certification as a Third Grade Stationary Engineer license at time of hire
- Ability to perform considerable standing, walking, bending and frequent heavy lifting
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs and catwalks up to 33% of the work time
- Willingness to work in potentially hazardous and uncomfortable working conditions
- Valid driver's license
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
November 12, 2018
| Date Closes
November 19, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category