Collaborates with customer areas and assists in defining business requirements for projects of a complex nature, associated with
business technologies that improve quality, efficiency and the effectiveness of products and services. Assists in the research,
development and implementation of business systems and processes. Performs tasks that have some established guidelines or
processes to follow.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the identification, development, and evaluation of alternative and new opportunities to meet business requirements. Conveys the objectives to be achieved for technical projects of a complex nature that require abstract and creative solutions. Assists in the coordination and planning of ongoing maintenance, enhancements, and upgrades to existing business tools. Performs business impact analysis and research.
- May employ project management tools. Reviews, analyzes, and tests new software applications and equipment. Assists in the development and execution of test plans.
- Assists in the development and implementation of communication and training plans for internal and external business associates and customers.
- Assists in the completion of complex and delicate projects.
- Prepares project outcome information to be delivered to necessary parties in the business area and other customer areas.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Knowledge of insurance products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Knowledge in business system operations, equipment evaluations, system development techniques and workflow analysis, and business systems terminology and standards. Knowledge of implementation processes and redesign of supporting business processes. Experience with project management processes and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, human relations, negotiation, and presentation skills. Analytical skills, attention to detail, problem solving and decision making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Self-sufficiency in utilizing quantitative, statistical, data analysis, and interpretative skills.
- Proven initiative and leadership skills to support change/continuous improvement. Self-sufficiency in utilizing process improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of administrative systems, applications, office and testing tools in a business environment. Experience with PC based office tools, such as Microsoft Office, Office365, Web navigation and software.
- Demonstrated prior experience in a Sr. Business Analyst Role (7+ years)
- Cross-platform (Mainframe/Client Server)
- End-to-end systems testing
- Requirement gathering
- Demonstrated experience with CMS data (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) (2+ years)
- Experience with Data Lineage & Data Mapping (2+ years)
- Experience with Enterprise Data Governance Practices & DMBOK (2+ years)
- Experience with Insurance Data (5+ years)
- Experience/exposure to ETL Tools (2+ years)
- Experience/exposure to DB/2, UDB, Teradata (2+ years)
- Experience/exposure to SQL (2+ years)
- Experience/exposure to Agile/SAFe methodology (1+ years)