HR Specialist - Employee Relations - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
Analyzes, develops, implements, administers, and performs Human Resource related functions to meet the needs of the business.
This job performs work in Human Resources in some or all of the following: affirmative action; diversity; employee relations; organizational effectiveness/development/design; and legal; regulatory and compliance requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Builds and cultivates credible working relationships with management, employees, corporate partners and within HR to assist with the effective implementation of HR solutions.
- Conducts thorough business analysis of Human Resource needs and provides input into formulating business decisions through research, manipulation and/or analysis of data, facts, and information.
- Participates in project and/or ad hoc teams on an as-needed basis to provide input/recommendations in support of a business need.
- Works as part of the HR team to provide superior customer service to both internal and external business partners.
- Disseminates relevant information while exercising discretion in sharing confidential information within and outside of the HR Division. Provides subject matter expertise in training/educating internal and external customers.
- Partners with business unit management to provide consistent, informed, factual, and legally compliant information and guidance to enable managers to make informed business decisions that achieve results and minimize risk.
- Problem resolution may be unique to specific HR function or across multiple functions.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 10% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the HR Specialist essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Senior HR Specialist level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Possesses business knowledge in specific HR function(s) related to or including affirmative action, diversity, employee relations, organizational effectiveness/development/design, and legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Ability to undertake analysis of a high professional standard, and apply this in developing a stance.
- Effective oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Self confidence and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to utilize appropriate software/systems to perform functions.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- CBP, CCP, CEBS, PHR, SPHR designations or demonstrated progress towards such designations.
- PeopleSoft Experience
- Data Analytics Experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Project management experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
November 9, 2018
| Date Closes
November 16, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category