Operational Risk Management Director - Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|Directs and proactively manages operational risk for the Company. Develops and manages the operational risk framework and collaborates with leaders and internal business partners on the communication and implementation of risk controls and policies. Ensures sound Enterprise Operational Risk Management principles align with the Company's risk appetite and tolerances.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates with senior leaders and internal business partners to develop and administer a consistent, coordinated process to identify, assess, measure, and monitor operational risks. Responsible for coordinating the risk committee meetings (agenda, minutes, and facilitation).
- Ensures that all operational risks relevant to the business are aggregated at an enterprise level and that business areas have mitigation and contingency plans in place.
- Ensures that the top enterprise operational risks are identified, assessed and that mitigation plans are monitored, and reported to all key stakeholders. Escalates operational risk matters and develops recommendations as appropriate.
- Develops and monitors leading and lagging key risk indicators for operational risks. Implements checkpoints and tolerances as necessary.
- Develops an operational risk framework that is effective and implemented efficiently. When appropriate, promulgates operational risk policies and standards for approval by the proper governance body.
- Accountable for ensuring the enterprise governance, risk and compliance platform has been populated with operational risk information, including operational risk assessment data and controls.
- Responsible for developing Enterprise Risk Programs to ensure adequate and effective operational risk management. Monitors and reports program results to business leaders and stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce.
- Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 10% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in operational risk management including best practices in operational risk methodology, project management and process mapping.
- Solid understanding of insurance and financial services regulatory requirements
- An awareness of market, regulatory and operational risk management trends.
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative with sound strategic vision and ability to develop and implement tactical plans to achieve the vision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven success in establishing and maintaining relationships with internal and external business partners. Effective written communication skills, ability to make effective presentations to corporate management, customers, community leaders and regulatory officials.
- Extensive leadership experience with proven success in planning, implementing and directing several projects and/or programs simultaneously while meeting deadlines and empowering team members to meet company objectives; ability to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines.
- Highly developed decision-making and problem-solving skills. Ability to take prudent risks and make timely and sound business decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated strong analytical abilities in identifying root cause of issues, in depth numerical analysis and reporting experience to understand the materiality of findings.
- Strong drive and ability to successfully lead initiatives to achieve strategic goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to effectively run a risk committee and the ability to collaborate with, as well as influence, senior leaders and business partners.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Ability to educate, develop and motivate others; including management of a team.
- 10+ years of financial services industry experience.
- 5+ years of Enterprise Risk, Audit, or Operational Risk Management experience in a significant leadership role with proven ability to engage with executive management.
- Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst of the Society of Actuaries.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
November 2, 2018
| Date Closes
November 23, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category