Info Services Director- Omaha, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented company that's reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our policyholders. Our commitment to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
Mutual of Omaha's Information Services (I/S) Division is currently seeking an I/S Director candidate who will oversee its Enterprise Architecture Strategy and Innovation team. This position will be specifically responsible for directing and overseeing the following activities:
- Partner with senior leadership to define the strategic direction of IT to meet business objectives in the medium and long term. ?
- Communicate both the medium (1-3 years) and long (>3 years) term strategy and tasks of the enterprise architecture (business, application, information, technology, and security) to a wide variety of audiences across the organization.
- Maintain a consistent target vision, along with a clear and shared enterprise architecture, that is aligned with the Business strategy
- Define EPICs to transition from the current architecture to the future vision, identifying 'quick wins' (synergies, rationalization, etc.) and medium and long term projects (creation of shared services, development or implementation of software, etc.)?
- Examine and evaluate market trends/innovations or emerging technologies that will fuel the strategic orientation of the enterprise architecture organization while implementing appropriate strategies and technological drivers across the enterprise.
- Manage a set of activities/processes that drive innovation from idea to realization (e.g. strategic investments, idea campaigns) - I think this will create a lot of questions within the Marketing org - is there another way to say this and tie to IT related processes?
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand overall business mission, vision and direction of the organization to ensure the management and implementation of new architectures align with emerging business requirements. Work closely with other IT support units in meeting this accountability.
- Develop and execute appropriate Organization Change Management vehicles / programs/ campaigns and initiatives using established methods to support introduction of architecture strategies.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with various levels of the organization, including business partners, management, and associates. Develop and maintain interaction with external vendor partners and assist in the development of negotiations of procurement, disposition, and maintenance contracts.
- Ensure disciplined and consistent use of Scaled Agile Framework knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to plan, organize, actuate and control delivery of I/S products and services.
- Carefully develop and manage assigned annual capital and expense budgets.
- Ensure effective development and delivery of quarterly and annual performance reviews for all assigned and (when applicable) matrixed personnel.
- Actively manage processes associated with creation of individual development plans and associated training plans for assigned personnel to ensure that they are both feasible and in line with organizational goals.
- Closely collaborate with Human Resources and peers to guide rotation assignments to effectively and efficiently fill personnel vacancies and enable career opportunities.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrated success establishing or altering the business capabilities or market strategy of the organization.
- Strong financial analysis experience related to strategic planning and cost analysis.
- Proven success introducing innovative practices and technologies that resulted in business impact.
- Experience establishing an enterprise roadmap creating alignment between business and technical teams to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field, plus 8-10 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Management/Director level or higher IT leadership role within a mid to large size company - financial services leadership experience a plus.
- Strong strategic skills with ability and vision to map out improved business process flows.
- Successful track record operating as a customer-focused IT leader with a strong business partner orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and foster collaborative relationships while engaging resources outside of direct-control to gain consensus meet deadlines and achieve goals and objectives.
- Possess a strong ability to identify, analyze, solve problems and make quality decisions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers and senior management).
- Superior relationship-building and influencing skills.
- Effective conceptual, analytic and judgment skills in tactical and strategic matters.
- Formal training and/or certification in an Enterprise Architecture discipline a plus
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
October 19, 2018
| Date Closes
December 18, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category