Senior Credit Officer - location TBD
Mutual of Omaha Companies Aurora, CO
The Sr Credit Officer is responsible for the overall credit risk strategy, risk assessment and oversight of the commercial and consumer loan portfolios and ancillary bank products with credit risk originated by the various lines of business. Additionally, this position demonstrates leadership capabilities, by effectively managing teams and workflow. Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and following policies and procedures as defined. The Sr Credit Officer achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring and reporting risks of all types. Works closely with business development partners to build high quality middle market and corporate loan portfolios by underwriting and monitoring existing and proposed credit requests, evaluating and assessing client and credit risk(s). The incumbent underwrites complex transactions from $1MM to over $50MM while providing high level customer service support, actively participates in cross sell effort, and performs special projects for Credit Administration.
Essential Job Functions
- Authorizes decisions in areas of credit transactions, risk ratings and extensions of credit within limits of individual authority and manages the approval process, ensuring underwriting is compliant with current Credit Policy standards and practices.
- Works closely with business development partners to assess client financing needs.
- Manages asset quality by working closely with Relationship Managers to ensure exceptions and past due loans are kept at a minimum, monitoring for covenant compliance and timely renewal of maturing credits.
- Jointly with the RM, verbally presents transaction highlights and recommendations including risk rating to approval authorities.
- Has a thorough understanding of clients' business model, supply chain, clients, competition and competitive advantages, industry trends and characteristics, position in industry and potential vulnerabilities and strengths.
- Periodically conducts site visits to clients/prospects' businesses for independent assessment of management and operations. Assist with traditional and non-traditional financial analysis, forecasting and sensitivity analysis (multiple years).
- Makes recommendations on structure of credit facilities to best meet client needs and bank risk profile/
- Makes recommendation on covenants and reporting requirements to provide effective quality monitoring tools. Works with large size loans with varied complexities; a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ensures compliance with confidentiality policy, code of ethics and all policies and procedures relative to Consumer Compliance laws and regulations and best practice recommendations.
- Maintains a current knowledge of changes to banking regulations.
- Reinforces adherence to bank underwriting policies and procedures with a focus on maintaining credit quality and managing risk. Interacts with internal and external auditors on regulatory issues of quality and on related trends.
- Assists with managing and implementing bank-wide processes and procedures as assigned by the Bank Chief Credit Officer.
- Represents the company in community, economic and business development activities, banking and financial associations and government agencies.
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce and maintains a fair and equitable working environment.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field with a minimum ten (10) years of related work experience in credit administration, analysis and underwriting principles
- Strong understanding of lending, specifically cash flow and collateral analysis and loan structuring
- Thorough knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles, the Bank's Credit Policy, applicable laws and industry data sources
- Advanced knowledge of corporate business structure and legal documents
- Strong financial analysis skills for both business and personal financial statements and tax returns Strong negotiation, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively to meet aggressive deadlines while paying meticulous attention to detail Ability to effectively interact with clients, attorneys, outside professionals and Bank personnel is required
- Ability to analyze, interpret and utilize significant data to make sound business decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to Board of Directors, corporate officials, clients, brokers, community leaders and government officials
- Ability to develop and operate within budget with strong strategic planning, analytical and leadership skills Ability to interact with all levels of management, work within a team environment and work independently
- Ability to manage and develop others
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Confidentiality Agreement and Non-Solicitation of Employee
- Experience in syndicated credits and in most types of credit products including derivatives
- Advanced degree
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
October 12, 2018
| Date Closes
December 11, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category