Asst Banking Center Mgr I/II - Southport Bank - Lavista, NE
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
This position assists the Banking Center Manager in overseeing, managing and leading community banking functions and staff. The Asst Banking Center Manager supports the inside sales/service activities of the branch, as well as business development to achieve desired results in customer relationship growth, retention, revenue, market share and customer/employee satisfaction.
This position may have direct reports.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists the Banking Center Manager with management of branch staff; including supervising and scheduling of daily activities, ensuring the use of performance management process, hiring and promotional recommendations.
- Educates, coaches and motivates staff to recognize and fulfill overall branch sales and service expectations. Meets assigned personal, sales and service goals.
- Develops and maintains banking relationships with potential clients, existing customers and community organizations
- Performs a broad variety of customer services and sales, such as opening new checking, saving and certificate accounts. Counsels customers and provides effective promotion, sale and servicing of the Bank's products and services.
- Researches and resolves customer issues and problems.
- May oversee and provide guidance for completion of consumer loan applications and submission to Central Underwriting for approval.
- May provide backup for teller functions by processing paying and receiving transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established Teller Policy and Procedures.
- Oversees and approves expenditures in compliance with the approved branch operating budgets.
- Performs security routines, including opening and closing branch office and vault.
- Ensures branch building, grounds and equipment are well maintained
- Ensures compliance with banking policies and procedures and keeps current with regulatory and industry trends and developments.
- Cultivates a positive team culture which promotes and supports relationship banking. Builds an environment where clear goals, constant communication, feedback and recognition are standard.
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce.
- Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- Relevant retail banking experience to include branch sales and operations
- Strong knowledge of bank products and services, related processes and regulations
- Excellent communication and human relations skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Solid analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication, leadership, customer service, training and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills to include experience using various software packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, as well as presentation software, and banking systems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Effective sales ability and persuasiveness
- Ability to teach or foster development in others
- Must be eligible and meet the requirements under the S.A.F.E. Act.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- Prior Supervisory and/or Management Experience preferred
- Consumer Loan experience a plus
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
July 10, 2018
| Date Closes
August 9, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category