Develops and manages new and existing commercial customer relationships through cross-selling appropriate banking products and services. Manages portfolio ensuring proper risk is assessed and in compliance with appropriate regulations, laws, and bank policies. Coordinates with other Mutual of Omaha Bank business partners on the delivery of banking product and services through multiple service channels and/or areas of specialization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and maintains commercial banking credit and treasury management relationships through community involvement and building and maintaining business networks. Assists in the facilitation to prospecting customers and participates in creative solutions to meet their needs.
- Assists in the development of structures and negotiation of loans and/or agreements to include the terms, pricing, special conditions, and interest rates for commercial accounts. Prepares appropriate documents and ensures adherence with banking policies and guidelines. Assists in the facilitation to the loan committee or approving officer, and oversees the loan documentation and closing process.
- Manage portfolio by monitoring financial statements, covenants, borrowing bases, maturing loans, and past dues to ensure that credit facilities are properly risk-rated and that the Bank responds to the risk in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Strengthens and manages existing account relationships and loan portfolios through monitoring of financial statements, covenants, borrowing bases, maturing loans, and past dues to ensure that risk is properly evaluated and managed in an appropriate and timely manner to ensure profitable growth of the account.
- Provide support in the management of complex loan portfolios.
- Ensures compliance with commercial banking policies and practices, and regulatory statutes.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products and services, as well as knowledge of the industries or market areas served. Keeps abreast of current developments and market trends, to further identify and service the customers needs.
- Collaborates and coordinates with internal and external business partners to ensure banking products and services are provided in a timely manner and support the profitable growth of the relationship.
- Comply with all related Federal, State and industry laws and regulations pertaining to banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time
This job posting is reflective of the Commercial Relationship Banker II essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Commercial Relationship Banker III, IV, V levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Knowledge of and experience in Commercial Banking loans, deposits, lending techniques and practices
- Knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to commercial banking
- Strong knowledge of banking products and services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consultative sales and presentation skills
- Business development, relationship management and lead generation skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, credit analysis and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to prospective customers and company principals, existing customers, banking officials and community leaders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to manage risk for moderate loan size and complexity.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and formulate sound business decisions.
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Special Background and Criminal Check
- BPA (C): Confidentiality Agreement and Non-Solicitation of Employee and Customers