The I/S Command Center - Service Desk provides a central point of contact for customer reported information technology problems. This includes performing the first level of "Help Desk" support, resolving problems, and answering technical questions. The Command Center Specialist also performs problem monitoring, follow-up resolution, prevention analysis, and problem escalation for the following installed products:
- Hardware - Workstation equipment - keyboard, processor unit, monitor, mouse; printer, smartphone/mobile wireless device.
- Software - Microsoft Office, Extra, etc.
- Network Connectivity - Unable to connect to LAN, Citrix, mainframe, midrange or microcomputer product, workstation cabling
- Onlines - Availability or slow response of onlines and applications
- Logonid Security Issues - Password problems.
- Telephone Equipment - Telephone unit or wiring broken or not working properly
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides operational expertise in a functional area, which supports the customer, computer systems, networks, and/or processes to ensure business objectives and requirements as well as I/S Service requirements are met.
- Provides excellent customer service via telephone, email and chat with both customers and vendors and the ability to escalate issues to Level 2 if unable to solve during the initial phone call.
- Strives to meet service expectations through effective communication, listening and problem solving techniques. Uses service standards to ensure I/S Service requirements are met. Anticipates customer needs and/or system problems.
- Records, identifies, monitors, and resolves difficult problems and issues to include: mainframe, distributed systems, network, workstation tools, applications, and voice and data technologies. Monitors, controls, coordinates and schedules production activities to ensure minimal impact to customers.
- Recognizes problems situations, invokes recovery procedures and initiates corrective action as required and takes proactive measures to ensure no future re-occurrence.
- Resolves and supports technical issues or problems efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Uses appropriate technologies to solve business and technical problems as well as takes proactive approach in providing recommendations which meet business requirements and adhere to the I/S architecture and technical standards.
- Willingness and ability to change work schedule on an as needed basis in addition to being a part of the "on call" rotation.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 2+ years strong customer experience. Ability to handle stressful situations
- Good presentation, verbal, and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills - team and cross functional
- Being punctual is essential to this position
- 2+ years of experience with level 1 help desk support (Insurance and/or Banking)
- Breadth of knowledge of desktop software such as:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook, Citrix, VMWare, VDI, Active Directory, SCCM, AppSense
- Avaya, Oracle, Java, Wake on Lan, Remote Access and tools
- Adobe and Security tools
- Understanding of Systems Management disciplines (event, performance, workload, configuration, problem, and change management)
- Significant depth of operational technical expertise in mainframe, midrange, network, voice, database, and desktop operations is highly preferred
- Experience with BMC Remedy is preferred
- Solid problem solving, judgment, leadership, mentoring, and decision making skills
- Knowledge of the Companies business functions and work processes
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of IT processes and procedures