Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented company that's reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our policyholders. Our commitment to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
We are currently seeking an I/S Agile Project Manager I to manage the Quality Assurance & Test Solutions Team (QATS) which resides in the IS Service and Solutions Architecture Division. As a shared services team, this position will be responsible for the end to end work management of the solutions, tools, projects and processes we support for multiple customer teams and the corporate testing environment. Acts as a servant leader and coach for an Agile team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works in an Agile environment with a team providing technology services and enterprise capabilities. Serves as the Scrum Master for the QATS team delivering testing solutions. Facilitates the team to successfully plan and execute deliverables using Agile techniques through both Scrum and Kanban.
- Serves as the process expert and helps educate the team in both Scrum and Kanban and SAFe Framework. Ensures Agile process is being followed.
- Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of all QATS initiatives performed by agile team. This may include the management of projects to include the definition of project charters, budgets, and measures as well as developing project structures and ensuring proper operations turnover.
- Facilitate the day-to-day coordination of work and removal of impediments while adhering to standards, prioritization and objectives.
- Responsible for tracking work status and managing issues and risks to include financial analysis, evaluation of progress/quality/costs, developing action plans to address gaps or risks, adherence to compliance and procurement processes, and problem resolution.
- Responsible for building and leading high performing teams, including building strong product owner, sponsor, solution lead, stakeholder, vendor, customer, and team relationships.
- Responsible for work to implement or enhance a wide range of business system and/or technology solutions, which span a number of disciplines, including development, programming, implementation, compliance, and information management.
- Facilitate continuous Improvement/growth plans for the team as part of ongoing Operational Excellence.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 2-8 years Agile/Scrum project management experience.
- 4-6 years of information technology experience and/or business experience
- Extensive knowledge of management and communications tools such as Jira, Clarity,
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to define issues, business/technology needs, and implement solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new business and technology.
- Experience with development theories and processes.
- Knowledge of risk management, procurement management and change management.
- Ability to manage work across technologies, domains, and business functions.
- Ability to apply the following skills:
- Interpersonal - effective verbal and written communication skills, resolves conflicts and effectively negotiates issue resolution, establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships, and displays strong facilitation skills. Actively demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others.
- Servant Leadership- advocates change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments. Empowers and develops people, demonstrates humility and authenticity, provides direction rather than "giving orders." Coaches others and seeks and applies feedback often. Creates an environment of trust where it is safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Professional - understands and executes Agile project management processes and industry best practices which include, but are not limited to, effective PI Planning, monitoring work, managing scope, managing resources, ensuring quality control, maintaining effective communication with team and all stakeholders, managing risk, and monitoring and controlling costs.
- Partnership - demonstrates customer focus and knowledge of product, functional and operational processes, business and technology systems and utilizes innovation and adaptability in solution definition with a results orientation.
- Bachelors in related field of study (Business Administration/Management Information Systems)
- C.S.P (Certified Scrum Practitioner)
- PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)
- Continuing professional education related to position (20 hours per year).
- Industry knowledge and application (2-5 business partners, use of 4-7 systems)