Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family oriented company that is reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our customers. Our commitment to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
We are currently seeking to hire a Director of Information Services (I/S) for the Service and Solution Architecture Division. This position will report to the VP of this division and will direct the multiple enterprise teams (output management, content management, marketing support, Salesforce, mobile & CX development/support, and sales distribution support). This person will be accountable for efficiently and effectively achieving business objectives in a manner that adheres to our development and security practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- This position requires excellent planning, oral and written communication, human relations, negotiation, and management skills.
- Provide leadership and business partner relationship management - collaborating, building, and articulating strategic goals and delivering on strategic initiatives.
- Significant experience in business case development and proven large-scale software development delivery.
- Plans, staffs, directs, and controls projects and activities. This includes all leadership and management functions and decisions such as budgeting for and controlling expenses, interviewing and selecting personnel, appraising performance, administering salaries, developing and coaching subordinates, long-range and short-term planning, and ensuring compliance with Corporate Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Achieves results through appropriate use of personnel, technology, and processes - driving results through the appropriate application of coaching, collaboration, and other self-directed team techniques.
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture to affirm/establish strategic direction - supporting and driving collaboration on business outcomes and the appropriate utilization of technology.
- Sets and communicates direction in an appropriate manner - providing clarity and personalization of messages to better connect with individual audience members.
- Leads change management and process improvement around people, process, and technology initiatives within the organization. Managing and building support for complex, disruptive, and continuous changes.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills are necessary in addition to a broad understanding of the impact of future hardware technologies on software capabilities, with expertise in applying these technologies in meeting the Companies' business needs.
- The job requires a thorough knowledge of the Companies' and I/S procedures and policies.
- Proven technology leadership and delivery of large multi-year projects and programs is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the insurance industry and competitor companies with detailed knowledge of customer areas, their processes, and their technology systems is preferred.
- Learns on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems and is a relentless and versatile learner who is open to change and experimentation.
- Actively committed to self-development and continuously improving skills and approaches.
- Calm and collected under pressure, acting as a settling influence in a crisis - effectively copes with change and comfortably handles risk, uncertainty, and ambiguity.
- This position may require frequent standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred) in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or a related field, plus 8-10 years of related experience.
- Experience in CRM technology leadership preferred.
- Experience in leveraging contracting resources (onshore/off-shore)
- 3-5 years progressive experience in supervision of professional staff and team development is required.
- Experience in application development, and systems operations is required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Management/Director level or higher leadership role within a mid to large company.
- Ability to manage and operate within a budget with a track record for identifying opportunities to reduce costs while meeting or exceeding expected performance levels.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and foster collaborative relationships with ability to engage resources outside of direct-control to gain consensus, meet deadlines and achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects while possessing a strong ability to identify, analyze, solve problems and make quality decisions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers and senior management).
- Project management activities such as planning, scheduling, resource allocation, risk management, and prioritization.
- Superior relationship-building and influencing skills.
- Effective conceptual, analytic and judgment skills in tactical and strategic matters.