This job posting is reflective of the Associate Business Systems Consultant essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. The Business Systems Consultant level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the job family.
The Associate Business Systems Consultant collaborates with customer areas and assists in defining business requirements for projects of a complex nature, associated with business technologies that improve quality, efficiency and the effectiveness of products and services. Assists in the research, development and implementation of business systems and processes. Performs tasks that have some established guidelines or processes to follow.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the identification, development, and evaluation of alternative and new opportunities to meet business requirements.
- Conveys the objectives to be achieved for technical projects of a complex nature that require abstract and creative solutions.
- Assists in the coordination and planning of ongoing maintenance, enhancements, and upgrades to existing business tools. Performs business impact analysis and research.
- May employ project management tools. Reviews, analyzes, and tests new software applications and equipment. Assists in the development and execution of test plans.
- Assists in the development and implementation of communication and training plans for internal and external business associates and customers.
- Provides basic training and mentoring to business associates
- Assists in the completion of complex and delicate projects.
- Prepares project outcome information to be delivered to necessary parties in the business area and other customer areas.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of assigned business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the insurance industry, and the business environment.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, human relations, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills, attention to detail, problem solving and decision making abilities. Creativity, diplomacy, sound judgment, and initiative.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, to work independently and as part of a team, to guide and train others, and to provide excellent customer service.
- Self-sufficiency in utilizing quantitative, statistical, data analysis, and interpretative skills.
- Proven initiative and leadership skills to support change/ continuous improvement.
- Self-sufficiency in utilizing process improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of administrative systems, applications, office and testing tools in a business environment.
- Experience with PC based office tools, such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, Web navigation and software.
- Experience with Contact Center Technology
- Experience with release planning, forecasting and developing high level options for Contact Center small enhancements/projects/initiatives and iteration planning meetings
- Experience with Agile, Lean, and Kanban
- Experience with Gatekeepers/Stakeholders to obtain an understanding of business needs across the enterprise
- Ability to facilitate the definition of the current state and design of the future state business processes, collaborating with technical architects and business process owners during all aspects of a small enhancement or project
- Experience reviewing and approving design documents; working with team members, stakeholders, and product owners to ensure design meets business needs
- Ability to develop high level end-to-end test validation flows; work with project team members to identify end-to-end testing impact and requirements; Review and approve test plans and test plan execution
- Ability to create standards and guidelines for team; monitor to ensure followed
- Experience with coordinating and monitoring request management system for impact of other projects on Contact Center initiatives
- Experience with Implementation and Transition coordination and planning
- Ability to direct and coach team members to develop their knowledge of the various Contact Center Business Processes
Ability to design, write, and execute automated unit and module test scripts
Familiarity with Jenkins or similar continuous integration software
Experience with version control systems, such as, git and SVN, and bug/issue tracking software, such as, Helix ALM (formerly TestTrack)
Ability to analyze results of automated test executions and provides analytical input into reliability of product.
Ability to develop a test framework to increase efficiencies in automation scripting and execution; including coding standards, test-data handling methods, object repositories, and information on how to access external resources.