Email Marketing Specialist (Digital Marketing)
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing and executing the production of email marketing campaigns, from planning through deployment and analysis. As part of the Digital Experience & Design team, they will focus on improving the overall inbox experience and collaborate with cross-functional teams in marketing, business, and creative to produce successful email marketing programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to execute email campaigns, ensuring campaign accuracy, effectiveness, and adherence to email best practices.
- Coordinates all aspects of email campaign planning and deployment for promotional, triggered, and transactional messages.
- Remains current on email best practices and U.S. CAN-SPAM compliance as well as honors customer subscription preferences.
- Works with business areas to help create a detailed email marketing strategy based on marketing, business, and customer needs.
- Works with Email Marketing Manager, Email Service Provider and internal teams to implement and adhere to the email marketing strategy.
- Develops and executes multi-variant test plans and works closely with creative teams to optimize campaign performance.
- Reviews and provides feedback to teams on the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns against objectives to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Performs competitive analysis on a regular basis to stay current in the industry and provides guidance and knowledge to the Digital and Marketing teams.
- Troubleshoots delivery issues and works closely with our deliverability specialist to ensure our email reputation remains in good standing.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year accredited college or university
- Strong knowledge of email marketing best practices and engagement metrics as well as CAN-SPAM legislation
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large number of email campaigns and segmentation strategies
- Strong working knowledge of front-end web technologies and capabilities, as well as experience working hands-on with HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with of Google Analytics or other tag-based Web analytics solutions
- Analytical thinker with proven ability to present insights
- At least one year of hands-on experience working with and email marketing platform to deploy email messages
- Strong understanding of email marketing operations, technology and testing techniques
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, prioritize projects and keep the team informed on project status
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with effective problem-solving skills
- Proficient with spreadsheet software and HTML editors
- Experience developing strategies for advanced list segmentation, workflows and triggered events
- Experience with lifecycle email marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of APIs and system-to-system integrations
- Experience in a digital creative environment
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategy, marketing campaigns, advertising and the financial services industry
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM systems
- Working knowledge of deliverability best practices to ensure inbox placement and familiarity troubleshooting delivery issues
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
May 15, 2018
| Date Closes
May 22, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category