This job posting is reflective of the Associate Systems Engineer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Systems Engineer level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
This individual will be working on the Systems Management team that supports BMC Control-M (v9), BMC BPPM v9.6 / TrueSight v11, and BMC Patrol. Ideal candidates would have experience with a minimum of one of these BMC applications. A good understanding of Unix and Windows OS, security, and software installation is also required.
There are rotational on-call responsibilities and occasional off-hours work required within this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in Systems Life Cycle Management, along with review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards, documentation and methods for Control-M, Patrol, and BPPM / TrueSight.
- Participate in capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Adhere to Change Management, Incident Management, Configuration Management policies and procedures.
- Manage and scale systems to meet business demands by providing a stable and secure infrastructure.
- Evaluates vendor supplied system software packages and makes recommendations to IT management.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Individuals in this position have deep technical skills within a single domain (Control-M, Patrol, BPPM / TrueSight) and some breadth of knowledge across domains. They typically perform moderately complex systems activities independently within a single domain, but are occasionally inter-domain.
- To build a balanced organization with complementary skills, positions in this job family vary in the depth of technical skills and the breadth of knowledge, skills and competencies beyond one technology domain.
- Able to successfully facilitate meetings with peers, business partners and/or leadership.
- Critical thinker - thinks outside the box; able to ask tough questions; willing to challenge those around them.
- Ability to balance project work with day-to-day support (e.g. customer questions/requests and trouble-shooting/resolving technical issues) for the Systems Management tools
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Highly Desired Qualifications (experience with one or more of the following):
- Extensive hands-on experience with installation, configuration and administration of v9 and higher.
- Familiarity with plug-ins such as Control-M AFT/MFT, Database, PeopleSoft, SAP BO, etc.
- Patrol: Extensive hands-on experience with Patrol Agent installation, configuration and administration.
- BPPM / TrueSight: Extensive hands-on experience with BMC TrueSight (or BPPM) installation, configuration, and monitoring policies/administration.
- 3-5 Years of professional experience or relevant work experience.
- Technical Knowledge: Strong understanding of assigned technologies with a focus on analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, maintenance, and documentation.
- Leadership and Authority: Gains authority through trust and respect and sets an example for coworkers; and delegates authority and tasks, and empowers subordinates to make decisions.
- Communication: Communicates moderately complex technical concepts to technical audiences and area management and with business and I/S customers as needed to solve problems and install and test moderately complex technical components.
- Negotiation: Obtains agreement or consensus from multiple parties; earns trust and seek win-win solutions; participates in vendor contract negotiations; and manages infrastructure expectations.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Provides coaching and mentoring to peers and subordinates.
Planning and Perspective: Performs operational and tactical planning. Use Division, Area, and Team goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions.
- Policies, Process and Procedures: Acts in accordance with established guidelines and follows processes and procedures.
Teamwork: Works with peers, subordinates, Area management, and business customers to build positive relationships and maintain constructive working relationships.
- Initiative: Undertakes activities on their own; communicates status appropriately; anticipates subsequent activities and projects; keeps informed of technology and industry trends and learns and applies new skills and technologies.
- Creativity and Innovation: Sees the bigger picture and articulates multiple solutions to technical problems
- Decisiveness: Makes good technical and operational decisions and shows accountability for those decisions.
- Flexibility: Effectively deals with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business, application, and infrastructure requirements; juggles multiple activities, projects, and initiatives simultaneously; and manages technical, political, and organizational fluctuations.
- Operational Excellence: Pursues and encourages Operational Excellence in all endeavors, leading and striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 3-5 years equivalent experience in IT systems/support engineering.
- Experience with Unix/Linux Operating Systems (AIX & Linux) and Windows Operating Systems (Servers 2008, 2012 & 2016, Windows 7 & 10).
- Experience writing/testing scripts (PowerShell, Unix Shell & Windows bat).
- Understanding of PCI.