User Experience Developer
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|The User Experience Developer is responsible for creating efficient, reusable code to execute strategic user experiences. This role excels as a strong developer, collaborator, customer advocate, and continuous learner. As a key member of the Digital Experience & Design team, they are focused on creating delightful experiences that match user/customer needs with business goals, while reinforcing the Company's brand. UX Developers will work closely with a team of designers, developers, and content strategists, as well as technology and business partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Executes standards-based interface development of Web sites and Web-based applications.
- Contributes to creation of internal development standards for Web sites and Web-based applications
- Applies object-oriented principles to promote maintainability.
- Delivers efficient experiences across multiple screens/devices.
- Advocates user focus across the organization and communicate the value and principles of user-centered design.
- Closely collaborates with design team members, as well as business and technology partners throughout project lifecycle.
- Iterates on ideas based upon validated learning, critique, and collaboration.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 3 years hands-on experience as Web or Front-End Developer, preferably as a member of UX team(s).
- Fluency with HTML (including HTML5) and CSS (including pre-process technologies such as PostCSS and SASS)
- Experience using and understanding API's such as HTTP, REST, and SOAP architecture.
- Experience with version control (Subversion, Git).
- Experience with object-oriented development.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or other tag-based Web analytics solutions.
- Adaptability and an enthusiasm for continuous learning.
- Places high value on the diverse strengths, backgrounds, and talents others bring to the workforce.
- Bachelor's degree in Web Development, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience with module bundler technologies (such as webpack)
- Experience with E-commerce sites or applications.
- Experience with server-side scripting languages such as PHP, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as Drupal or Wordpress.
- Experience with native mobile application development.
- Experience with Email Marketing Systems.
- Interest and participation in professional industry groups and conferences.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
April 17, 2018
| Date Closes
May 1, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category