Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for having the knowledge of the tools and languages used to triage, troubleshoot, and maintain systems.
- Responsible for understanding and leveraging approaches for monitoring and debugging applications as well as troubleshooting issues.
- Responsible for understanding the business, business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business areas.
- Responsible for acting as an internal consultant, and mentor to teammates. Provides task-level leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Individuals in this position have relevant technical skills and some breadth of knowledge across domains. They typically perform moderately complex systems activities independently or collaboratively within a single domain or inter-domain.
- Understanding of JAVA, interpretation skills with JAVA application logging/log4j, Web (web apps/services, servers, Tomcat server environment, etc), Portal, SQL, and/or XML.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance regarding customer service, problem identification and resolution.
- Records, identifies, monitors, and resolves complex problems and issues in an efficient and timely manner to include: mainframe, distributed systems, network, workstation tools, and applications.
- Interacts with customers and application support teams to identify recurring problems and assists with the resolution. Recognizes problem situations, assesses impact, invokes recovery procedures, initiates corrective action as required, provides innovative solutions, and takes proactive measures to ensure or mitigate the impact of future problems.
- Collects, researches, organizes, and interprets data. Identifies, defines, evaluates, and documents technical and business problems and/or opportunities. Consults with customer and I/S support teams regarding business processes and procedures.
- Develops documentation/user procedures and ensures appropriate training and user support.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Pursues Operational Excellence in all endeavors, striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 4+ years systems experience.
- Strong communication, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Mainframe, Client Server, Web, Portal, Cloud, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in related system and/or business related field of study (or equivalent work experience).